Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth applying for CO Venture?

tag
wils70
Established Member

Worth applying for CO Venture?

Hi there,

looking for for thoughts as to whether it's a worthwhile idea to apply for a CO Venture card?

I have good credit (current FICOs are 824, 823 and 820) and have 2 credit cards currently - Virgin America Visa with an $18k limit and Discover with $8.5 (that I've never bothered with a CLI on as don't really use it). I do do use my Visa all the time though and put pretty much all of expenses on it and almost always clear it off each month. 

Am wondering if it is a good idea to apply for the CO Venture card in order to increase available credit, decrease utilization?  Because my scores are pretty high though, don't know if it really matters?  The other driving force would be to switch to the CO as my primary card as the customer experience with Comenity bank has not been pleasing. 

Any thoughts?  If I did apply, what is the general experience with initial credit limits with situs similar to mine?  I'm only interested in a hig initial limit so if chances are it won't happen, then doesn't seem worthwhile to me...  

Thanks much!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worth applying for CO Venture?

Only will comment on Discover. You may be able to log in to your Discover Card account and go to the part titled "Card Details" on the first screen "click" on it and "click" the "request a credit limit increase" (generally with your scores you will see a soft pull, if not you can get out and not take an HP - just did it myself). Good way to obtain a higher limit for utilization. I use Discover enough to keep them interested and they do have good BT offers should the need arise.

Message 2 of 14
joes16

Just app'd online for Venture. Fico was around 700. Instant online approval for $15k. Have a couple high limit cards ($19.5k, $15k, $7.5k, etc) but my util was pretty high. I would say go for it!

Message 3 of 14
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@wils70 wrote:

Hi there,

looking for for thoughts as to whether it's a worthwhile idea to apply for a CO Venture card?

I have good credit (current FICOs are 824, 823 and 820) and have 2 credit cards currently - Virgin America Visa with an $18k limit and Discover with $8.5 (that I've never bothered with a CLI on as don't really use it). I do do use my Visa all the time though and put pretty much all of expenses on it and almost always clear it off each month. 

Am wondering if it is a good idea to apply for the CO Venture card in order to increase available credit, decrease utilization?  Because my scores are pretty high though, don't know if it really matters?  The other driving force would be to switch to the CO as my primary card as the customer experience with Comenity bank has not been pleasing. 

Any thoughts?  If I did apply, what is the general experience with initial credit limits with situs similar to mine?  I'm only interested in a hig initial limit so if chances are it won't happen, then doesn't seem worthwhile to me...  

Thanks much!

Provided your income support sit, a $30K, maybe even $50K CL Venture seems about right

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joes16 wrote:

Just app'd online for Venture. Fico was around 700. Instant online approval for $15k. Have a couple high limit cards ($19.5k, $15k, $7.5k, etc) but my util was pretty high. I would say go for it!

What was your utilization? 

Message 5 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@wils70 wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks much!

The Venture card is a nice card. With your scores you'll probably get a starting limit of $30k.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had mid-high 600s across the board, income > 120k, approved instantly for 20k.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know what you do!  I would go for it unless you have your eye on any other cards.  

Message 8 of 14
wils70
Established Member

I decided to apply and was approved online for the 30k limit.  

At this point that is more than plenty and don't have any plans to apply for anything further.  Interested to see what this does/doesn't do to my scores...

Thanks for all feedback!

Message 9 of 14
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  And great scores.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.