Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth it to recon CSP?

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Worth it to recon CSP?

Someone mention on here that when they spoke with Chase they said the minimum income required for the CSP is $40k. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I'd known that before I wasted a hard pull on that! Or that they wouldn't even bother with the HP with an income lower than their minimum.....

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever!  You can include your entire household income if you are living there. So go ahead and do just that! Others have and were fine.

But for real though, 14k a year with a CSP that is interesting. I am sure some of your expenses would be covered from money from parents or from grants scholarships so your income could be higher than 14 anyway.

and like you said you have few bills. I would try to recon at least twice. Go sneak copies of their tax returns if you have to. You cant waste an inquiry because of some crazy policy!

If it only cost you one inq, and it would require 1 more to get the recon,I would probably say skip it though.

And begin attacking me now!

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice is:

1. it won't hurt to try, just don't let them do a HP since they already did.

2. You live at home so you can include school money you're receiving and money you're receiving from your parents (don't lie in amounts and be truthful) may ask proof

3. Yo can discuss about the cards you have and how your history is been good with those (if In fact history is good)

4. Tell them why you want it and how you intent to use it and your future credit goals and how this card will help you accomplish that

5. Make sure you know your credit report inside and out, what's in there etc so they know what you're talking about and actually know about credit 

the minimum CL for this card is 5k and there has been school kids who have gotten it.

Let us know how the call went.

Chase recon 1 (888) 245-0625

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!
Message 15 of 19
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

Someone mention on here that when they spoke with Chase they said the minimum income required for the CSP is $40k. 

This could be new, but when I got my CSP, I told the banker what I made at the time, which was 30.5k, and got an instant approval of 7k. Also had a 4k Freedom that was 3 months old at the time.

So... YMMV

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the advice! My Freedom is pretty new, too, so I'm not sure if they'll go for a new card with a higher limit so quickly but I guess I will give them a call and ask (: I'll let you know how it goes. Guess it can't hurt.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck, hope you get it! 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It'll be there once you graduate. Don't worry about it. Like other's have said, with 14K income it'll be hard to convince Chase to approve their "premium" card. Lender's have different products geared towards different customers. The CSP is Chases premium product, similar to Cap One and their Venture. These generally have 5K minimum CL, and in most cases, customers qualify for alot more. It's just the way it is.
Look at it this way: I appd Chase Slate, they give me 5500.CL, than CSP and got 15K CL. Same with Cap One. They gave me QS 5K CL, and than Venture with 20K CL. In both cases, they gave me the significantly higher CL's with my second apps. It basically proves what I'm saying otherwise why wouldn't both Chase and Cap One give me the higher CL on my first apps ?? Obviously I was qilualified for higher CL's, but they didn't give it to me until I appd their premium product. Hope that makes some sense to you.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.