Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would NFCU Approve?

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Would NFCU Approve?

Had a quick question. I am helping an uncle rebuild he has alot of Charge offs, 1 Collections, and tons of 30-60 Day Lates. His AAoA is 6 years. Oldest Credit Line is 30 yrs and is a Visa Credit Card through Local CU and is still active through all the madness. He has been a memeber at NFCU for about 10 plus years. EX FICO 8 was a 626 do you guys think they would approve him for a credit card at all? FAKO SCORES ARE 620:TU AND EQ: NO SCORE AVALIABLE (NOT SURE IF THAT IS DUE TO ALL THE DEROGS).

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would NFCU Approve?

Yes I definitely think approved with Navy my Dad just app'd with a 630 and approved 15k CL
Message 2 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

There would be no way for any of us to know for sure. I'd say with Navy it's worth the shot!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is he will have to go with a secured card first.  I was in much better shape and had to go that route.  Just a few months after getting the secured card I was approved for unsecured which is now at 10k and CLOC at 15k.  Since then the secured has graduated and now sits with a 2k CL, I am hoping to get a nice CLI at the next AR in early March.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm workingfor850 - My Dad's FICO was about 630 when he applied for the Cash Rewards Card with them this month. His oldest account was 10 years and income 45k got approved for 15k after MR so I don't think OP should go the Secured route. I would app for the card you want then If they counter saying take the Secured then consider that route.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm workingfor850 - My Dad's FICO was about 630 when he applied for the Cash Rewards Card with them this month. His oldest account was 10 years and income 45k got approved for 15k after MR so I don't think OP should go the Secured route. I would app for the card you want then If they counter saying take the Secured then consider that route.

+1 do not go the secured route unless you have to. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps you should read what I wrote.   I wrote my "guess"  is he will have to go the secured route not that he should, had too or that was the only way to go.  Just shared my perspective based on my experience.   Not sure your tone is appropriate.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps you should read what I wrote.   I wrote my "guess"  is he will have to go the secured route not that he should, had too or that was the only way to go.  Just shared my perspective based on my experience.   Not sure your tone is appropriate.

If you read what he wrote then you'd see he's saying tried for unsecured first and do secures as last resort

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no time in text which is why there may be some miscommunication. I was just sharing my experience within the last month with Navy. So if you feel I was yelling or responding in an angry tone you're mistaken.

The purpose of these forums isn't to get mad at one another but rather to share information to benefit one another, though mostly it is YMMV information is always useful and experiences may differ but that's okay.

And good luck getting to 850 even if it only lasts a day it's an accomplishment less than 5% of people ever achieve I wish you the best of luck! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no tone*

Sorry I'm on my IPhone auto-correct doesn't like me.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.