Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YES FROM AMEX BCE.......

tag
afr4life06
Contributor

YES FROM AMEX BCE.......

This Card has been on my list since i started this journey last year andi knew once i got this card, it would signify i have made my goals as far as credit goes and i can just let time take its course. 

So today watching football, i said to myself, i wonder what it takes to get an AMEX card. Looked on the forums and saw that i could have a chance, then i decided to see how many inquires i have so far on EX and EQ for the year since it was a toss up AMEX could pull from either one. I only had 2 on EQ and 3 on EX. 

Decision Time. Keep waiting it out or, pull the trigger. If i get denied, then i just going to wait anyway till the end of next yr when i start shopping for a house and do it after. i convinced myself, filled out the app, looked away.......and approved for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday(Finally, i know what BCE stands for lol) $4000 CL which was even more shocking and now can't wait for the 3 month CLI trick. 

With the 3 months CLI trick, do i do it 3 months from today, since i got the approval today, or 3 months from when i activate the card. How does it work, if someone doesnt mind helping a newbie on this. So much thank you to everyone on this forum, from those that post and gives more info, to the lurkers. This community has to be the best in the world.

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: YES FROM AMEX BCE.......

Congrats! It's 61 days not three months. Thanks for sharing.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/1811071

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 13
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, enjoy the card! Regarding the 3X CLI read this post http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811071 

Message 3 of 13
afr4life06
Contributor

Ahh thank you all for that. More research to do. By the way for any other that wants to know, i went through AMEX pre-approval and nothing came up. So if you feel confident in your profile, dont base it all on the pre-approval

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 4 of 13
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 13
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to hear about your 3x CLI!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 6 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 7 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

@afr4life06 wrote:

This Card has been on my list since i started this journey last year andi knew once i got this card, it would signify i have made my goals as far as credit goes and i can just let time take its course. 

So today watching football, i said to myself, i wonder what it takes to get an AMEX card. Looked on the forums and saw that i could have a chance, then i decided to see how many inquires i have so far on EX and EQ for the year since it was a toss up AMEX could pull from either one. I only had 2 on EQ and 3 on EX. 

Decision Time. Keep waiting it out or, pull the trigger. If i get denied, then i just going to wait anyway till the end of next yr when i start shopping for a house and do it after. i convinced myself, filled out the app, looked away.......and approved for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday(Finally, i know what BCE stands for lol) $4000 CL which was even more shocking and now can't wait for the 3 month CLI trick. 

With the 3 months CLI trick, do i do it 3 months from today, since i got the approval today, or 3 months from when i activate the card. How does it work, if someone doesnt mind helping a newbie on this. So much thank you to everyone on this forum, from those that post and gives more info, to the lurkers. This community has to be the best in the world.

Smiley Happy big congrats. You looked away. Lol.  I watched every turn of that dial. Good job. 

Message 8 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

As they said. 61 days not 3 months. And that is when you go online and it will say recent activity since.  The date there is where you count 61 days. All will be auto. Click button. Put amount you want. No more than 3 times your current limit. Then. Approved. Or it will counter with different amount. Or it will deny nthen wait again. 

Message 9 of 13
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Congrats I hope to become a member one day.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.