Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yeah NOT going to happen BofA!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah NOT going to happen BofA!

I get this mailer from BofA for what one of their best credit cards with 0 intro APR for 21 billing cycles and 12.99 after that. So I thought what the heck I'd apply. My Fico scores right now are 750+ on all three, and I have no derogatories on my credit report, my lowest credit card limit is $2000 and highest is $21,500. I applied online and  I get this Congratulations you're approved with a $500 credit limit. I'm like what the?? I called them right away and let them know how rediculous it was and cancelled it. I know I'll get the hard pull and it'll probably affect my AAoA but I'm not accepting a crappy limit like that.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yeah NOT going to happen BofA!

Did you attempt a recon? $500 is not much.

Message 2 of 38
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Ill never understand this kind of thinking. Any approval is a good approval.

Message 3 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

omg...I would have doing the happy dance if I got that approval! I want in so bad with them, but my current profile can't support an approval for a few years. I would have taken it and LOVED IT!!Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 38
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

The low limit will almost assuredly be temporary anyway

Message 5 of 38
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Ill never understand this kind of thinking. Any approval is a good approval.

Just a guess but when he/she called to cancel and explained the situation I'm sure that the rep, if they had the power to, would have countered with an increased amount. If this was the case, I might do the same. My scores are about same as OP's and if I was given anything with less than a 4K limit at this point it would be a worthless card to me...not even because I spend so much but the inconvenience of working around such a small CL would make it not worth it.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 6 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I guess I am kinda with the OP .. High limits typically get higher limits and lower limits hold down future approvals higher limits.. Granted I would of tried to recon the ASAP vs. flat out cancelling it..

Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting in with BofA would be a good thing.  They will most definitely grow with you.  0% apr for 21 months is awesome along with the 12.9% after.  Call & recon tomorrow.  Speak with the credit analyst.  

Message 8 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Getting in with BofA would be a good thing.  They will most definitely grow with you.  0% apr for 21 months is awesome along with the 12.9% after.  Call & recon tomorrow.  Speak with the credit analyst.  

Too late, he's closed it!  Everyone has different expectations I suppose.  If that were my situation, I would've kept it and see about getting the SL to be flexible with an analyst.  Then, over time, just grow it like BOA is well-known to do for their CCs.

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I attempted a recon and was unsuccessful, only I know my financial/credit situation and I knew this card would be no use to me at its current limit.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.