cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your income on applications... be honest :)

tag
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Re: Your income on applications... be honest :)

Ummm....are any of you guys hiring????!!! I personally don't know anybody that is making nearly as much money as you all are! Congrats on the accomplishment. Clearly I'm not doing something right. :-(
Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 101 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

My individual income can fluctuate so much. One month I can make 4K comission and 2k hourly, the next I could make 1800 comission. I never really know how to best put my income on a credit application to be honest so I just average it all together.. Sometimes I include my spouses if it doesn't specifically state that I can't. Come to think of it, I don't even know if household income means what her and I bring home or not. I should probably look into that!

Message 102 of 104
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Let's look at it the other way. Do you tell the credit card companies if your income goes down? Say you go from $75K to $50K. What do you do? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 103 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious to see if it's the ooposite for people who said they always give accurate info when first reporting income.

I know I never reported it when that happened!

Message 104 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.