Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another question about NFCU second card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

another question about NFCU second card

I became a NFCU member on April 25 and opened a checking and savings. I read a lot on here about NFCU. On April 26 I applied for a goRewards card. I took a hit with a hp on TU. my score was 529. I was approved for 7.5k. I have 6 baddies on my TU. when should I apply for a second card and when should I apply for a Cli? Will I take another hit on my TU with a hp? Please adise me, I'm rebuilding my credit.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: another question about NFCU second card

First CLI may come at 90 days and after three statements. Second card can come after you get a successful CLI on your first card, but a lot of people get a second after 6 months.
All new apps with Navy will be a HP; if you're lucky you can time CLI request right and get a SP one

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to MyFico,

Below is the most recent & brief Navy Thread. Consider spending some time reading the pages, there are only 284, but contain priceless information related to your questions.

Additionally, instead of wasting a hard pull on TU by applying for a second Navy card, consider waiting until your scores are closer to the 650's on average.  Between now and then you can look forward to doing your first and second CLI.  The first cli you will learn is Best after a total of a minimum of 90 days, three full statements cut, and the next AR.  After receiving  your first cli, wait at least 180 days before applying for the second cli.

After you have read the Thread below, you will better stand this post.

Best Wishes!!!

alexthebank wrote:

I became a NFCU member on April 25 and opened a checking and savings. I read a lot on here about NFCU. On April 26 I applied for a goRewards card. I took a hit with a hp on TU. my score was 529. I was approved for 7.5k. I have 6 baddies on my TU. when should I apply for a second card and when should I apply for a Cli? Will I take another hit on my TU with a hp? Please adise me, I'm rebuilding my credit.

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-...

edited  03-23-2017 04:22 PM

Message 3 of 5
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Congrats on that big approval my tu 08 was 590 and I got 1 k which I'm thankful for
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heck of an approval for a 529 score! Wow! Treat them right now!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.