cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone with US Bank application/approval experience?

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

anyone with US Bank application/approval experience?

So today I got a "pre-approval" from US Bank Perk + card (I know bad rewards) BUT this offer was spend $500 get 20,000 point ($200) no 2x for the first year though....and 15 months 0%  I apped...here is where I need your experience...it did not approve, said it needs time, but after that screen the next asked me if I want to add a AU and any BT....is that normal with USB when they do not approve instantly? Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: anyone with US Bank application/approval experience?

They took a week for final approval for my Cash+ application which I was told I was approved yet not approved. They are confusing.

Message 2 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I never got the pending response, but it always asked about AU or BT.  I've always been approved online, but sometimes the underwriters yanked the approval.  I think they still manually review most apps.  It's similar to what Penfed does.

Message 3 of 24
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Chances are your approved 95% of applications are manually reviewed. In any case Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 24
Brax
Frequent Contributor

They took over 3 weeks to approve/process my pre-approved offer. They are slow, that's all.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

So today I got a "pre-approval" from US Bank Perk + card (I know bad rewards) BUT this offer was spend $500 get 20,000 point ($200) no 2x for the first year though....and 15 months 0%  I apped...here is where I need your experience...it did not approve, said it needs time, but after that screen the next asked me if I want to add a AU and any BT....is that normal with USB when they do not approve instantly? Thanks

It will still be 2x for the first year on all apps. if your file is clean and your fico is strong it will be approved. process in the system has been updated and au and bt must be asked on all apps now. the only time they dont approve instantly is if something is questionable such as dti or inquiries. if fico is solid and no lates it will get approved. good luck!

Message 6 of 24
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

It will still be 2x for the first year on all apps. if your file is clean and your fico is strong it will be approved. process in the system has been updated and au and bt must be asked on all apps now. the only time they dont approve instantly is if something is questionable such as dti or inquiries. if fico is solid and no lates it will get approved. good luck!

I hope you are right about th 2X, although the website says that my letter only said 1x everything, just assumed the 2x was "off the table" since there was a sign up bonus involved. And yes I am SURE it was flagged for inquires....LOL   Thanks for the info, will update if approved AND if I get 2x plus the bonus!!!

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took my app two days and it was submitted by a US Bank Personal Banker. Told me they manually review most apps?!
Message 8 of 24
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

well I guess "pre-qualify" means bupkus!!  LOL  I only took it because of the bonus, we will see, when I apped on the phone for the Cash + they approved me on the phone, and interestingly I got the SAME email they sent with this Perks+ card....something like "we received your application and need time we will let you know" and I WAS already approved for the Cash + so we will see, too bad there is no application approval line to call.....BUT I think if I log in online and am approved it just shows up with my other accounts BEFORE I even get the card so I will be checking the next few days......

Message 9 of 24
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

I have two cards with US Bank. REI Visa and Cash+. The REI was applied for more than a year ago; I don't exactly remember how it went but I don't think it was instant.

With Cash+, it was app through phone. The phone lady was nice and told me their system showed recommended approval but it needed to go through verification. That dept kept my app for 7 "business" days. 

I did finally get the Cash+. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.