Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi hates me

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: citi hates me

@TrialByFire wrote:
Citi sounds very picky...do they offer anything in particular that you can't get with another issuer? Or is it a forbidden fruit thing?

Right now, have no interest in citi cards.  I only want so many personal cards, and even fewer business.  Since I have quicksilver with instant redemption, and am hardly using it at the moment, don't even see the need for a double cash with higher redemption levels and the same apr and low CL.  JMHO.

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe your fico needs to be 750.  I have 1 Citi.  They're super picky but so far I've had no problems with them.  I will apply for the Double Cash in about 10 months.  Have to stay in the garden for now.

Message 12 of 19
ElizaBen
Established Member

CITI is extremely sensitive to INQs and they seem to prefer utilization under 20%.    My app was denied previously as well with too many inquires... once I waited and let them fall off I was approved.  

Starting Score:
EQ-690, TU-705, EX-695
Current Score: EQ-772, TU-755, EX-768
Goal Score: 800+ Across ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Ohhhh, they definitely hate me!

They screwed up big time when I refi'd my home and they reported I made late payments to them a few years earlier. Huh?

They sent a printed record for the past 5 years showing a dozen 30 & 60 days late. It just did make sense and it occured to me where are the "late fees"? Whoever "created" this record forgot about that issue.

THEN I dug out all the cancelled checks...They paid me $5K and all my attorneys fees for the "bookkeeping errors"!

You DO know they still haven't repaid all the bailout $$ AND they were allowed to pay $200mil to name the NY Mets stadium citiField

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every credit card hated me up until January of last year.  I was able to get a Citi Diamond Preferred $2,500 and Home Depot $2,000.  My score at the time was 670ish.  I have an auto loan I paid off in 2011 that has 4- 30 day lates.   Not sure if this info helps any.

EDIT:  Forgot to add I also got a Best Buy store card which is also Citi.  I applied for all 3 on the same day.

Message 15 of 19
epsilon
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't ever get a card from them. Guess I'll have to work on my credit for them to like me

670, 679 and 720

Dont feel bad, they hates almost everybody, i have just wasted around 10 hp last five years, i couldnt get one either

Current Score: EQ 695 | TU 720| EX 669 4/9/15 MyFico 08
Goal Score: EQ/TU/EX +740

CL: Capital One Venture 10K Amex BCE 6K Discover 9K, BOA 123 7.3K, Chase United 5K, Chase INK 5K, BBVA NBA Amex 4.5K, Chase Freedom 3.3K, Barclay Ring 3K, Barclay Rewards 2K, AMEX ED 1.8K, CapitalOne QS 1.7K , Capital One MC 1.5K, Capital One QS1 1.2K
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is the only creditor with a pre quality tool that never gives me offers . It's always " we have no offers for you at this time" . Chase offers me almost all their cards on the pre quality tool .
Message 17 of 19
sobeone1
Regular Contributor

dey hate me 2 even though I never apped for them, well maybe home depot when I had no credit but I can never get a pre approved offer. I just have a filling dem and amex hates me, and my dog doesnt like dem either, nuff said

credit karma has my scores at T.U 637 Equifax 668 but all of my Major cards have my score between 710-730 fico AAoA 7months with 16 inquires T.U & Eq 12 inquires.

Fingerhut $1200 my first credit. Discover it 4.5k, Paypal extras 7.8k, Barclays 2.2k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 25k, Amazon 6.5k Cap1 Q.S 4k, Venture 10k, Voice 10k, Chase freedom 2k Slate 3.5k, 5th 3rd 10k, overstock2.9k, Kingsize 1k. Nasa 20k, NFCU 14k, loc 10k, BBVA 14k, Amex ED 10k, income 76k (I put them in order of receiving them)
Message 18 of 19
blessed-man1980
Contributor

I didn't know Citi look for high scores  !!!!!!!!..My scores are 702,685 ,696 and I just opened 2 cards with Citi ..Double cash and the BT one ...Both accounts are 2 month old ..I do have one judgment will fall off in  5 months..

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.