Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi recon help

tag
Gatito
Contributor

citi recon help

anyone know the general req for citi double cash approval? I got declined and the only reason was "too many inquiries" I called EO and someone said they would try to have it reviewed and will call me back. I got a call today to say unfortunately cannot be approved for the same reason. Anyone have a phone number they used to recon? The ones on the sticky backdoor numbers aren't working for me :-(

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: citi recon help

@MeisterMnstr wrote:

anyone know the general req for citi double cash approval? I got declined and the only reason was "too many inquiries" I called EO and someone said they would try to have it reviewed and will call me back. I got a call today to say unfortunately cannot be approved for the same reason. Anyone have a phone number they used to recon? The ones on the sticky backdoor numbers aren't working for me :-(

they don't really do recon in my experience and your outcome is what i have experience before.

very few seems to be able to.

Message 2 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

The only way to get Citi to reconsider is through EO (Google is your friend!).  Too many inquiries might be a tough one, they wouldn't overturn that type of denial for me.  Creditaddict is correct though, Citi reconsideration is next to non-existent.  How many inq in the last 6 months on the CR they pulled?

Message 3 of 6
Gatito
Contributor

7! Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 6
Gatito
Contributor

and they pulled Equifax

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey dude. Don't ask to be reconsidered when you call them. Tell them you want to verify information on your application and that might work well. I was denied for the Double Cash and called the EO. I asked the guy on the phone to bring up my application so I could verify information. Apparenty, I mixed up my income and rent, so I was making $1,200 a year and paying $80,000 a month for my apartment. He changed that for me. Of course, YMMV, but it doesn't hurt to see if you can change some information (honestly of course) to make your application more advantageous. That's just my experience. I haven't heard good things about Citi recon so my call could have been an outlier.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.