Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comenity/Sync cards is EX NOT tu

tag
Effielin
New Contributor

Re: comenity/Sync cards is EX NOT tu

I tried last week and Sync pulled Exp... I was also hoping it would be TU as I have no HP on TU.

Message 11 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Effielin wrote:

I tried last week and Sync pulled Exp... I was also hoping it would be TU as I have no HP on TU.

Did you apply online or in-store?

Message 12 of 16
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

I submitted 3 synchrony apps all of them online

Feb 2018 --> Marvel --> TU --> Approved

Mar 2018 --> Walmart --> EX --> Approved

Apr 2018 --> Sams --> TU --> Denied (Too many recent inquires)

Its worth mentioning that in 2017 I applied for walmart twice and was denied twice (once for short credit history and other for too many recent inquires) on TU and approved for Paypal and also pulled TU

Thanks,

Message 13 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

BTW, TJMaxx is Synchrony.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 14 of 16
Effielin
New Contributor

I applied online..

Message 15 of 16
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
The above was your outcome based on your application. Not something that is absolute for every applicant.

SYNCB has been known to pull EX in the past so that's nothing new, and the same applies for Comenity in rare instances when they HP EX.

Unless both lenders have changed their HP or UW policies or you are aware of "insider" knowledge then it's best not to make an absolute statement that will just create confusion for folks. At the end of the day everyone's outcomes will differ.

ETA: my application for the BB&B WMC had a hit on EQ and SP on EX.

Question with respect to Comenity SP on EX: Do they use SP strictly for verification of identity or do they actually use EX score?

Thanks!!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.