Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit solutions CLI request resulted in HP

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

credit solutions CLI request resulted in HP

So i was just approved for the Stash Hotel card and I called the next day to ask for a recon.  The rep asked me a few questions... sounded like it was approved and then he couldnt send me a text to verify.  He said that was the reason he couldnt give it to me.. I would receive a letter in the mail.  Well I just got an alert from EQ that they did another hard inquiry?  Can they do that without telling you?  And I wasted a hard inquiry because he couldnt text me to verify?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Stash Hotel Recon Hard Inquiry again?

@glamchick wrote:

So i was just approved for the Stash Hotel card and I called the next day to ask for a recon.  The rep asked me a few questions... sounded like it was approved and then he couldnt send me a text to verify.  He said that was the reason he couldnt give it to me.. I would receive a letter in the mail.  Well I just got an alert from EQ that they did another hard inquiry?  Can they do that without telling you?  And I wasted a hard inquiry because he couldnt text me to verify?

This is a head-scratcher... if I understand correctly, you were approved for the card, then called to recon your starting credit line?

If that is the case, the CLI request is usually a SP, and in most cases on TU (I'm assuming you called Credit Solutions?)

As far as them pulling credit without telling you, since you're asking for additional credit it's technically 'allowed', but with Synchrony it's generally not what happens.  Not only is it usually a SP, it's almost always on TU (I am aware of Synchrony occasionally using other bureaus for approvals, but for CLIs I was under the assumption that Credit Solutions used TU).

Could it be that the HP on EQ you were alerted to was for the initial approval, and the CLI request was actually a SP on TU?

I'm sorry I can't provide any more information... hopefully other folks here will be able to offer more wisdom.

Message 2 of 54
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thanks for your quick response Smiley Happy

Correct, I was approved for the card, the next day I recon'd for more of a credit line.  I contacted credit solutions.

Yes they pulled TU twice according to my EQ alerts.   I went on Myfico and I can see two inquiries from them for TU.  So I am assuming it was a hard pull since I can see it twice with two different dates? 

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@glamchick wrote:

Thanks for your quick response Smiley Happy

Correct, I was approved for the card, the next day I recon'd for more of a credit line.  I contacted credit solutions.

Yes they pulled TU twice according to my EQ alerts.   I went on Myfico and I can see two inquiries from them for TU.  So I am assuming it was a hard pull since I can see it twice with two different dates? 

I'm not familiar with EQ alerts... does that give TU information as well?  As for the reports on myFICO, if I recall correctly (it's been a while since I pulled one) they only show HPs, so if that's correct and you see an inquiry there, then it is, indeed, a HP.  (I might be wrong about only showing HPs; again, it's been a while...)

All of that aside, I'm not sure I've ever read of Credit Solutions doing a HP, at least not recently.  That's not to say it hasn't/doesn't happen, just that it's new to me.

I'm sorry I don't have anything better to offer, but I suspect we'll get to hear from people with more direct/recent experience shortly.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 54
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I had the same thing happen with the Marvel card.

HP TU for approval and then another HP next day for the recon.

I wanted to try and up the limit to 25k as I thought I left money on the table, but thought better of it.

I also didn't wanted to recon the Ebay for the same reason.

I decided to wait and see if this is a new trend with Synchrony......and Barclays is watching my TU like a hawkSmiley Very Happy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

They unfortunately, did a hard pull for my Chevron/Texaco cli request. Even though I was ultimately denied. 😞
Message 6 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

When you guys got the extra HP on TU, was it Credit Solutions you called for your recon/CLI?

If so this might be something notable... from what I understand Credit Solutions is usually (?) a SP, but perhaps that has changed, at least for some cards?

Message 7 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. It was. That's why I was shocked when I got the alert. I have several Sync accounts, and requested clis on most of them. This is the first time I was shocked into a hard pull.
Message 8 of 54
glamchick
Established Contributor

I honestly think they should notify before doing a hard pull.  I feel like their should be a law against that?

How do they know thats actually me calling?

But I'm glad to hear its not just me and maybe we should warn others as well.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 9 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened to you. It's important to make sure we are not confusing terms here, however - technically the term" recon" is used when you are denied for something (card, CLI, etc), and you then call in to recon the denial.

In this case you were approved for the card and then called Credit Solutions for a CLI, which is not really a "recon". Might want to change the title to reflect "credit solutions CLI request resulted in HP" or something similar, as people could get really confused by using a term in an incorrect way.

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.