Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did not get instant approval from amex at 61 days says sending reply in mail

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

did not get instant approval from amex at 61 days says sending reply in mail

I tried to do the 3times cli at 60 days..i got the 7 to 10 day reply notice..does that mean i did not get it? i tried it i think day early..

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
fritscher
Regular Contributor

UPDATE on AMEX CLI 61 day rule..

This seems new ..I hit the button at day 60 to see if i could get the 3x cli from Amex..I got 7 to 10 day message..when I checked my email there was a note telling me to call the credit team and gave me ref number..i went into chat and the gal told me it was denied but not really..she said i tried too early so i should call them on Monday. she said that no one is in the credit office today so have to wait but no worries.

so hopefully not denied and I will get it..I will call on Monday

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE on AMEX CLI 61 day rule..

its's 61 days from account opening. If you were at day 60 then yes, you tried it too soon. Try it the next day i.e day 61 and you should be fine.

Message 3 of 17
fritscher
Regular Contributor

she told me to call the number on monday..can they approve it for me on the phone..i dont want hard pull..the email they sent told me to call and use a ref number..

Message 4 of 17
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

If you want to waste 10-15 mins call them.  Otherwise on day 61 hit the button and bypass the whole situation.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

there's no need to call in, just try again on day 61and you'll be just fine.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: did not get instant approval from amex at 61 days says sending reply in mail

Patience is a virtue try at Day 61 and later
Message 7 of 17
fritscher
Regular Contributor

Re: did not get instant approval from amex at 61 days says sending reply in mail

One more question if I can ask please..since they said I am getting the 7 to 1o day letter . if i get approved tomorrow by clicking again..will i get that letter in mail still and also will that mean i got a Hard pull?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fritscher wrote:

One more question if I can ask please..since they said I am getting the 7 to 1o day letter . if i get approved tomorrow by clicking again..will i get that letter in mail still and also will that mean i got a Hard pull?

1.) New Amex Accounts are not eligible for a credit line increase until they have been open more than 60 days.

2.) "More than 60 days" = 61 days.

3.) You tried on DAY 60  thus your account was not eligible for a credit limit increase and this is why you were denied.

4.) The letter you were told would be coming in 7-10 days will say that your account was not eligible because it had not been open long enough.

5.) Retrying the credit line increase now that your acount has been open more than 60 days will not cause a hard pull,  also known as a hard inquiry, on your credit report.

Message 9 of 17
fritscher
Regular Contributor

Thank you all..HAPPY DANCE>..i did today day 62 and got my 3x cli from 2000 to 6000 on my amex everyday

I appreciate all of your ehlp

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.