cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did not get instant approval from amex at 61 days says sending reply in mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: did not get instant approval from amex at 61 days says sending reply in mail

Congrats on your increase...!!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: did not get instant approval from amex at 61 days says sending reply in mail

Congrats! Today was my 61st day for my BCE, went from $2000 to 6k also! Felt nice to see that instant approval!

Message 12 of 17
fritscher
Regular Contributor

PS thank you for the outline to follow too!!!!!!cashcorp

so now i know that i did just one day early but doing it again worked..the next CLI for amex can be done at 180 days???

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fritscher wrote:

PS thank you for the outline to follow too!!!!!!cashcorp

so now i know that i did just one day early but doing it again worked..the next CLI for amex can be done at 180 days???

No, it's 180+1 days (181 days)... March 13, 2017 + 181 days = September 10, 2017 you'll be eligible to request another increase.

Think of it this way More Than 180 Days = 181 ....make sense?

PS Congrats on the 3X CLI with your Amex. Treat them right and Amex will take care of you big time!

Message 14 of 17
timbales1
Established Member

If you don't mind me asking. What were your scores when you opened account and scores after 61 days?
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

62 days from when your account was approved or from when your card was activated?

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not only do people need to wait until day 61 to pull the trigger, you also aren't automatically going to get the CLI in every situation. I've had my card around 8 or 9 months now and have been denied a CLI twice. Cards at $1k are the toughest. You basically have to raise your scores substantially (I don't know the threshold personally, I'm at 640-660 right now) to get anwhere if you're starting out with a really low limit.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.