Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover,amex, chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover,amex, chase

Hi everyone,

I had a credit score of 587 last month paid down my cards and now I am at 673 this month and I am wanting to try my hand at some of the major lenders in hopes of getting higher limits. Or even in the door to continue building a great credit profile.

I have 2 capital one credit cards and they are under 30% utilization. i have had two lates as I  incorrectly set up autopay Smiley Sad  and that was in 2015/16 ( dec and jan). I have had a clean report since then. I only have 3 years of credit history. Do you think That I should wait to try these lenders or I have a chance of getting approved? I only have 2 inquiries, one will fall off at the end of this year and the other feb of next year.

7 REPLIES 7
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: discover,amex, chase

Everyone of those companies has a Prequalified site. I suggest you check them out.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Shadowfactorwrote:
Everyone of those companies has a Prequalified site. I suggest you check them out.

+1 Assuming you haven't opted out of pre-screened offers it'll show you where you stand with them.

Message 3 of 8
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Like it was mentioned by other posters, see if you’re prequalified with those lenders.

Also, apply for cards that work with your spending and can give you the best rewards.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If 673 is your Experian score, you have a chance to get in with Amex. Prequal sites are a good start. My own personal experience with Amex prequal site is that I was preapproved when my EX was sub 600 and when I applied, I was instantly denied. I checked their prequal page when my score crossed 670 and had no offers. I cold apped and was instantly approved.

Discover prequal with solid APR is promising. Chase also seems to be solid if you see any offers.
Message 5 of 8
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Disco also has a score card available. In addition to their prequal sites you can sign up and see if they give you any personalized offers. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.  Im going to use the scorecard and pre qual sites to see if I qualify for anything. I'll be back with my results. Hopefully approvals. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for amex with a score of 666 and the cl is 4k with 10k sign up pts. Thanks everyone for the info. Im sooooo excited. Now Im going to try chase. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.