cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does this amazon pre qualify site seem fishy to you?

tag
Alpha
New Contributor

does this amazon pre qualify site seem fishy to you?

found this site yesterday and noted some of the wording and phrases seem incorrect.  i dont believe it's really an legit site.. what do you think?  sadly i fell for it and entered my info and then i woke up in the middle of the night and realized it was a mistake. so at 4 a.m i was joining lifelock to cover my tail.

https://creditcard.info/amazon-com-credit--card

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does this amazon pre qualify site seem fishy to you?

Yup very sketchy.

Message 2 of 10
iv
Valued Contributor

Um... yeah.  Obvious scam.  (Belongs to some dude in Lisbon, Portugal)

Not to be non-FSR here... but can I ask what on earth made you think that submitting personal info to such a random, obivously-scammy site was a good idea?  Why not go directly to the site of the lender?

(I ask because, although part of my day job involves protecting end-users against this kind of thing... I've never really understood why/how people actually fall for them.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 3 of 10
impactplayer
New Contributor

Yeah, maybe just delete the original post so no one else gets suckered in? 

Message 4 of 10
Alpha
New Contributor

Truth be told, it was late and i was tired, for some unkown reason i was thinking i was on the Amazon site and obviously i was mistaken. I'm hoping the lifelock services will help protect me and i wil be extra vigilant with my accounts for a while. i'm usually pretty skeptical and cautious.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont know how lifelock works but even though u are "covered" i would be freezing all 3 of my reports STAT

Message 6 of 10
Yepitsme
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

i dont know how lifelock works but even though u are "covered" i would be freezing all 3 of my reports STAT

Or he could wait until something pops up on his report and then the freezes are free for being a victim.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
NattyPButter
Contributor

Should have WOT installed on your browser since that will let you know what sites are bad. The site pops up bad when I clicked the URL. Even though it does show CCT as bad but I'm sure it's because of ppl not reading that you only pay $1 for one week and get charged normal price after that. 

Message 8 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Never heard of an Amazon prequal site.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 10
Alpha
New Contributor

i saw it referred to in a thread located in the credit rebuilding forum

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.