cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IS IT GONNA TAKE FOR ME TO GET APPROVED?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT IS IT GONNA TAKE FOR ME TO GET APPROVED?

THEY SAY ITS FOR PEOPLE WITH AVERAGE CREDIT?? THATS BS, I HAVE GOOD CREDIT AND I STILL CANT GET APPROVED! A WASTED HP! I SHOULD OF WENT WITH MY FIRST MIND AND APPLIED FOR AMEX! UGH THE FRUSTRATION!!! WHAT SCORE DO I NEED GUYS TO GET APPROVED??

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: effin Barclay!!!!!!!! WHAT IS IT GONNA TAKE FOR ME TO GET APPROVED?/

Barclay's pulls TU. I have 3 of their cards and my TU has hovered around 650ish for the last year. I also had CO's and unpaid CA's when I was approved, so YMMV? 

Message 2 of 43
elim
Senior Contributor

Barclay is very recon friendly and a lot of us had to call and ask for reconsideration to get an approval (even with 700 scores).   i had a 666 TU when i got the rewards MC for average credit.

call them up monday morning.    maybe someone can post the appropriate number

Message 3 of 43
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Last July I was approved for the Barclaycard Rewards with a 614 TU started CL $500 now at $1500.. When I apped I had 1 voluntary repo paid C/O... 3 baddies Paid C/O when I apped I was declined... Called to Recon that same day.. Answered some questions and was approved! Call Monday morning... Look for the recon number in the Backdoor numbers thread... IMHO the female analyst are more understanding than the guys... Hopefully you'll get a good analyst... Keep us posted... 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 4 of 43
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

THEY SAY ITS FOR PEOPLE WITH AVERAGE CREDIT?? THATS BS, I HAVE GOOD CREDIT AND I STILL CANT GET APPROVED! A WASTED HP! I SHOULD OF WENT WITH MY FIRST MIND AND APPLIED FOR AMEX! UGH THE FRUSTRATION!!! WHAT SCORE DO I NEED GUYS TO GET APPROVED??

Were you denied outright or did you just get a 7-10 day message?

Whatever happened might have very little to do with your credit score, but could be many other factors from a question about your address to too many inquiries on your CR. None of us here know what the problem might be (unless you provide details), but if you have a good score there's a good chance that the problem lies elsewhere. Could be something very simple, so definitely call.

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlawlessShineAutoSpa wrote:

Last July I was approved for the Barclaycard Rewards with a 614 TU started CL $500 now at $1500.. When I apped I had 1 voluntary repo paid C/O... 3 baddies Paid C/O when I apped I was declined... Called to Recon that same day.. Answered some questions and was approved! Call Monday morning... Look for the recon number in the Backdoor numbers thread... IMHO the female analyst are more understanding than the guys... Hopefully you'll get a good analyst... Keep us posted... 

+1

Message 6 of 43
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you recon, Barclays most likely would pull another bureau.  Also, if your first instinct was to apply for Amex, you can still do that and Amex won't know that applied for Barclays since Barclays typically pulls TU and Amex EX.  If you recon, Barclays most likely will pull EX and/or EQ then Amex may see that inquiry if on EX. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just recon ... google barclays backdoor numbers. and talk to an analyst.

Message 8 of 43
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If you call them in the backdoor number, and recon ,you should have a shot. Be prepared to answer to all their questions regarding everything on your reports, good and bad, and if youre nice about it, and not be demanding, you might get it. If not, hang up adn call back to a different rep. Some posters have gotten in on 2nd and 3rd recon attempts. good luck and keep us posted!
Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's probably because of your new accounts or inquiries.  Plenty of people get approved in the 650 range.

I was declined even in recon because I had too many new accounts even with a score of 697.  Typically you have to garden 6-9 months to get into Barclays if you opened alot of new accounts.  My score is now 765 but even I am still waiting for a few months of gardening before apping again.

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.