Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good or bad news from amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: good or bad news from amex?

@Anonymous wrote:
I see. I'll just call backdoor cuz I have no patience. And I don't believe there's anything wrong with bragging. The person who sees it can choose to read the signature or not, so it stays Smiley Happy

Good luck!

Sure, it's your signature. It just makes you come off as very immature. Most people don't walk around with a sign on their body that says "I'm doing way better than you LOL." This is a community of people working towards building credit and helping each other in a positive environment it would be nice if you respected that.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I see. I'll just call backdoor cuz I have no patience. And I don't believe there's anything wrong with bragging. The person who sees it can choose to read the signature or not, so it stays Smiley Happy

Good luck!

Sure, it's your signature. It just makes you come off as very immature. Most people don't walk around with a sign on their body that says "I'm doing way better than you LOL." This is a community of people working towards building credit and helping each other in a positive environment it would be nice if you respected that.

thanks!

Is there anything wrong with being immature? And I'm not most people. I don't really care what others have on their mind. I built my credit from nothing and accomplished so much, so I'm going to showcase my success. You can always block me if you don't want to see my content, but I'm not going to go out of my way to accommodate.

edit: i don't think i'm immature. just not as humble as you'd like

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks!

Is there anything wrong with being immature? And I'm not most people. I don't really care what others have on their mind. I built my credit from nothing and accomplished so much, so I'm going to showcase my success. You can always block me if you don't want to see my content, but I'm not going to go out of my way to accommodate.

It's okay to be immature sometimes! I do it plenty myself... there's a time and place. Lots of people showcase their success on here with info on their scores and their cards etc, but don't try and say "I'm better than you" etc etc. If you want to "show off your success" you would actually have more "success" with that goal, by presenting yourself better. Showing off means "I want you to know how great I am or this thing I accomplished" basically, which contradicts your statement along the lines of "Oh well, I don't care what you think." because by caring whether somebody is aware of your success or not, you essentially do care what they think, or you at least care that they are aware of what you accomplished. 

Free speech is wonderful though, you can almost make your signature whatever you want it to be. I'm just trying to let you know, your attempt to show off your score, is also making you look bad, as well as not being conducive to the atmosphere and Feng Shui of this community.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks!

It's okay to be immature sometimes! I do it plenty myself... there's a time and place. Lots of people showcase their success on here with info on their scores and their cards etc, but don't try and say "I'm better than you" etc etc. If you want to "show off your success" you would actually have more "success" with that goal, by presenting yourself better. Showing off means "I want you to know how great I am or this thing I accomplished" basically, which contradicts your statement along the lines of "Oh well, I don't care what you think." because by caring whether somebody is aware of your success or not, you essentially do care what they think, or you at least care that they are aware of what you accomplished. 

Free speech is wonderful though, you can almost make your signature whatever you want it to be. I'm just trying to let you know, your attempt to show off your score, is also making you look bad, as well as not being conducive to the atmosphere and Feng Shui of this community.

By having said I don't care what others think, I mean I don't care for people's criticism or concerns on here on how I present myself. It's just not important. This is the internet, so I'm gonna be how I want to be.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

By having said I don't care what others think, I mean I don't care for people's criticism or concerns on here on how I present myself. It's just not important. This is the internet, so I'm gonna be how I want to be.

You care enough about my criticism to spend the time replying to me Smiley Wink

I'm just saying, you have the option of showcasing your success, as you wanted, but to also support the efforts of the forum and community for a positive environment. You can show off your accomplishments, without a giant bright red signature shoving it in people's face that you're "doing better than them LOLOL". I can tell you're really proud of your score if you feel the desire to post in giant red letters about how you're doing so much better than the other people on the forum. If you realllly wanted to show off, you'd put your scores in your siggy and put all the juicy cards you have, it would show how successful you are way more than your current gawdy thing.

Message 15 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

We really need to get the conversation in the thread back on-topic...

Thanks in advance.  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You care enough about my criticism to spend the time replying to me Smiley Wink

I'm just saying, you have the option of showcasing your success, as you wanted, but to also support the efforts of the forum and community for a positive environment. You can show off your accomplishments, without a giant bright red signature shoving it in people's face that you're "doing better than them LOLOL". I can tell you're really proud of your score if you feel the desire to post in giant red letters about how you're doing so much better than the other people on the forum. If you realllly wanted to show off, you'd put your scores in your siggy and put all the juicy cards you have, it would show how successful you are way more than your current gawdy thing.

It's summer and I have nothing better to do. Yes, I'm addressing your criticisms because at least you're bold enough to address me directly and I respect that, so I'm replying. 

On a different note, are you a mod or something trying to spread positivity throughout this thread? Lol. And why are you so concerned with my red signature? Is it against the forum rules? If it's bothering you, just block me and you won't ever see it again. You're barely hitting 30K total credit line. Come talk with me again once you reach my level, ok?

Message 17 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread is now locked and closed to new messages.

Going forward if there is an issue that needs to be addressed, please use the 'Report Inappropriate Content' option rather than try to address the issue in the thread yourself.

--UncleB

myFICO Moderator

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.