Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gotta love USAA

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

gotta love USAA

I started rebuilding in April and USAA made me an offer on a plat @ 14.99% around August. I applied in October (planned spree) and got an instant 7k. I ran 2k through the card in November and PIF. My October (5 card) spree reported and my scores are still below 700 from it and USAA offered me a world Rewards @ 13.99% today.

No it's not a great Rewards card (3% gas and 1.25% on purchases) but i have to say i am VERY happy with USAA and would recommend them to anyone.

I wont take this offer (gardening) but it's great to know if an emergency arises... a rebuilder has a 0% / 13.99% BT offer with convenience checks (I still have an open fed tax lien on my reports and my CU wont touch me). I also have a 4.75% auto loan offer and an HELOC offer from USAA.

All from getting an unbeatable rate on insurance.  I think they're a keeper.

This offer includes...
  • Enjoy a 0% introductory APR until 09/01/2016, on balance transfers and convenience checks that post to your account by 02/28/2015. After 09/01/2016, your Regular APR of 13.90% will apply to these introductory balances and any new transactions.
  • Get up to 1.25% cash back on your everyday credit card purchases and a special gas rebate offer.
  • No annual fee and zero liability for unauthorized transactions.
Earn more with your Cash Rewards:
  • Get a 3% gas rebate on your first $150 in monthly gas purchases for 1 year.
  • Get up to 1.25% cash back on your everyday credit card purchases.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: gotta love USAA

I really like USAA's auto insurance ... they are going bonkers with all the new products lately, even offering health and pet insurance and the like.  I like them a lot.  My experience has been that if you are unhappy with something, tell 'em.  Most times they've tried to set things right.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 2 of 8
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Congrats on your relationship with USAA!

I have had the Visa for 5 months not at a 2K CL - haven't had a single offer pop-up.  Though I don't have any other financial products with them.  I'm all-in banking at NFCU at the moment. So that might make me less valuable to them.

Would love to see a little CLI uv with them at 6 months.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats with USAA!
Message 4 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will approve up to three cards.  I have gotten thee since August.  Easier than waiting for a CLI if you need more credit and your scores are going up.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That, and they sent me $187 dividend check on my auto insurance.  Love them.  2.25 on gas and groceries on their Amex is pretty nice too.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.