cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just tried AMEX again just for heck of it.

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

just tried AMEX again just for heck of it.

little bit awhile ago I applied and no HP..  I am wondering if its no HP based on this message in electronics .pdf for denial reasons.  once again it shows no credit scores.

Thank you for applying for the Amex EveryDaySM Credit Card. We're writing to let you know we cannot approve your application at this time because American Express cancelled your previous accounts.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-567-1083 or write to us at the address above. You may qualify for a new Card in the future and are welcome to submit an application at a later date. You can also learn more about managing your credit at americanexpress.com/consumerresources.

Thank you for your interest in American Express.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: just tried AMEX again just for heck of it.

Kind of sounds like they blacklisted you. Did you ever burn Amex?

Message 2 of 21
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, for $1,348

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SnowBowl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, for $1,348

Ouch. I've heard they have a very long memory. Did you ever pay it?

Message 4 of 21
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SnowBowl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, for $1,348

Ouch. I've heard they have a very long memory. Did you ever pay it?

No I didnt, and this was from 2004, way before my BK discharged ( 2008 )   lol

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard if it's unpaid they'll never let you back in. If you pay it you stand a chance eventually. Then there is always those lucky ones who slip through the cracks and get back in. anyway Maybe that will be you someday Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 21
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've heard if it's unpaid they'll never let you back in. If you pay it you stand a chance eventually. Then there is always those lucky ones who slip through the cracks and get back in. anyway Maybe that will be you someday Smiley Wink

Hope so lol,  hey I noticed you have AMEX ED in your sig .. do you have BK or any derogs on your CR when you applied ED?

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SnowBowl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope so lol,  hey I noticed you have AMEX ED in your sig .. do you have BK or any derogs on your CR when you applied ED?

No BK, but I did have 2 collections and 5 late pays (and a very short history) at the time of approval. They only gave me 1k though and then denied my first attempt at the 3x CLI because those derogs were still showing. Once the collections were removed they finally allowed me a CLI.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I burned them in a bankruptcy, never paid it, and they let me back in.

Message 9 of 21
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

CAPTOOL wrote " I burned them in a bankruptcy, never paid it, and they let me back in."   How long did it take you to get back in with them?  The general consensus now seems to be 5 yrs but that is if they were not IIB.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.