cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new $25K card report or not on a thin/no history profile?

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: new $25K card report or not on a thin/no history profile?

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you for the quick response + this was pretty much what I was thinking, that some depth even short might be leverage on some level.  5/24 is a pain lol

It's hard to know if they'd get denied for no history.  Especially with a prime card like Sapphire.  Chase is a quirky relationship bank with obvious jealousy issues (or at least anti-churning issues).

Do they have ANY Chase relationship?  Maybe just try getting them onto Chase Credit Journey which CAN show preapprovals even if you aren't a Chase customer.

just a chase checking which has been dormant.  a journey after getting a $25K everyday, no way ha-ha.  I like to start at the top.  I would rather get shot down and recon it than get a starter card for her.  looking for cards with some utility as well as building.  she wants to travel, hence the csp.  also going to have her open up chase biz checking and try for an ink later on.

Lol "Chase Credit Journey" isn't a credit card. 

lol right

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Chase Credit Journey is a FAKO credit monitoring site by Chase.  It's useful for non-Chase customers to sign up because it MAY show preapproved offers for them.  Doesn't cost anything.

If you have a Chase login, you usually have to access it from within the Chase login.

Message 12 of 21
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

By my count she would be over 5/24 if the Amex reports. You said you added her to 3 AU accounts and she has a Credit One, that's 4 new accounts, plus her new Amex would make 5. With her limited history, I don't think she gets approved either way. 

the chase is not reporting yet + its a snap to get removed if it did.  I think I could get the cap1 removed via the eo because I know someone there that is ultra helpful.  her 12/1 amex is not reporting which was sort of the reason I posted.  you might be right re not getting the csp because of history but she got a $25K everyday so its kind of making me think anything is possible

Message 13 of 21
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah Chase Credit Journey is a FAKO credit monitoring site by Chase.  It's useful for non-Chase customers to sign up because it MAY show preapproved offers for them.  Doesn't cost anything.

If you have a Chase login, you usually have to access it from within the Chase login.

lol was thinking cap1 journey haha, told you I was waking up.  good idea checking offers via the portal vs branch or online prequal, thanks for that. 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, and many data points of people way over 5/24 getting approved with in-branch or portal offers.  I'm holding out myself for a CSR even though I'm 8/24 -- I check in-branch once a month, lol.  I don't bank in branch ever, but I go in for the terrible free coffee and to ask about offers.

Message 15 of 21
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, and many data points of people way over 5/24 getting approved with in-branch or portal offers.  I'm holding out myself for a CSR even though I'm 8/24 -- I check in-branch once a month, lol.  I don't bank in branch ever, but I go in for the terrible free coffee and to ask about offers.

I am a data point; freedom, unlimited, csp, csr and cip all over 5/25 in branch.  I also got an ihg but was turned down for the cic with a branch approval.  funny re the coffee, its awful.  odd but wells has decent coffee.  really want to chase this girl, its so odd that she has all these amex offers..

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 17 of 21
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you for the quick response + this was pretty much what I was thinking, that some depth even short might be leverage on some level.  5/24 is a pain lol

It's hard to know if they'd get denied for no history.  Especially with a prime card like Sapphire.  Chase is a quirky relationship bank with obvious jealousy issues (or at least anti-churning issues).

Do they have ANY Chase relationship?  Maybe just try getting them onto Chase Credit Journey which CAN show preapprovals even if you aren't a Chase customer.

just a chase checking which has been dormant.  a journey after getting a $25K everyday, no way ha-ha.  I like to start at the top.  I would rather get shot down and recon it than get a starter card for her.  looking for cards with some utility as well as building.  she wants to travel, hence the csp.  also going to have her open up chase biz checking and try for an ink later on.

Your friend stands a good chance I think, even before the Amex reports. Here's a similar story with my son. He is AU on my QS with $11,300 almost 3 years and AU on CSR with $32,000, almost 2 months. No other open cards his name and two closed accounts, Macys and BOA secure with 120 days paid late and both closed in 2014.  Both lines were only $200 & $300. He also has a car loan since Mid 2015, I'm also a co-signer on that. So trying to rebuild he apped the CSP yesterday and got approved with a 5K SL. His scores are 760s across the board. Very great start.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 18 of 21
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Time2letgo wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your friend stands a good chance I think, even before the Amex reports. Here's a similar story with my son. He is AU on my QS with $11,300 almost 3 years and AU on CSR with $32,000, almost 2 months. No other open cards his name and two closed accounts, Macys and BOA secure with 120 days paid late and both closed in 2014.  Both lines were only $200 & $300. He also has a car loan since Mid 2015, I'm also a co-signer on that. So trying to rebuild he apped the CSP yesterday and got approved with a 5K SL. His scores are 760s across the board. Very great start.

I am just going to say it, are you open to adoption?  lol - great dad!  really.  and great comeback out of a 13.  I think you are on to something, I now remember that I helped another friends son get a cap1 card and then he cold apped and got a csp for $5K as well.  did you son have a pre-qual or did he just pull the trigger?

Message 19 of 21
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

bourgogne wrote:

I am just going to say it, are you open to adoption?  lol - great dad!  really.  and great comeback out of a 13.  I think you are on to something, I now remember that I helped another friends son get a cap1 card and then he cold apped and got a csp for $5K as well.  did you son have a pre-qual or did he just pull the trigger?

lol, thanks.... mom. He cold apped.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.