nfcu odloc

was denied for bk7 but approved for cc smh . any ideas on this

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: nfcu odloc

No clue but why would you apply for the bk7 when you could get a 13Smiley Wink

Sorry had to do it. Overdraft , i guess you are talking about the checking line of credit?, is nice to have but to me getting the Navy card is better. Just make sure you always have sufficent funds before paying your bills and overdraft wont be as important. Youll get it adventualy. If you still have a bk7 reporting, just give it time to either fall off or to build history with Navy. Just my hoSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I had the exact opposite happen with Navy.  I think it was at the two-year mark post filing I applied for the NavCheck PLC and the CC.   They both went to pending.  I quickly heard from the LOC people and they approved me for the full 15K.  The CC people would not approve me for anything -- nada - zip.   I recently applied for the CC again with Navy and I wanted the low interest rate platinum in case I ever need to carry a balance.   Anyway they approved me for 25K at their lowest interest rate of 6.99%.

They are a fickle bunch of people.

Message 3 of 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@darrin073 wrote:

was denied for bk7 but approved for cc smh . any ideas on this

Two different underwriting departments? I got a cc with them too but was denied a personal loan. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.