Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? on Chase approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

? on Chase approvals

I have two chase cards (CSP & RITZ), both 8 mos old.  I want to apply for amazon visa.  Do I need to wait 1yr and 4 mos?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: ? on Chase approvals

NO.  But they do have a new policy in place  that if you've had five new accounts in the past two years  they kind of frowned upon.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was instantly approved about a week ago for the Amazon Chase Visa and had been on a spree opening several new accounts. Am still pleasantly surprised.

Message 3 of 10
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Since the Amazon card is co branded the 5 new account policy shouldn't apply. But like every lender it will be based on criteria from your report.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 10
TheConductor
Established Contributor

The 2 year rule should not prevent you from getting the Amazon card.

BUT, if you have any interest in adding the Freedom or the Slate in the next 16 months, you may want to plan for that.  Acquiring the Amazon card will count toward your 5 per 24mo if/when you apply for that next Chase house-brand card.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Amazon visa, and I would do anything to not have gotten this card..as there are so many better cards long term,

Sallie Mae for example offers 5% back on amazon and 5% on gas.

Amazon store credit is 5% back

Citi Double Cash is 2% back on everything...

Just to name a few. Plus, you cannot product change the Chase Amazon card. You're stuck with it. Though, the initial gift card is nice.

Just my two cents. Wish I would have kept the freedom instead of this card!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Amazon visa, and I would do anything to not have gotten this card..as there are so many better cards long term,

Just to name a few. Plus, you cannot product change the Chase Amazon card. You're stuck with it. Though, the initial gift card is nice.

Another forum member just did precisely that, to the Freedom.

Message 7 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Amazon Store card to me is the best choice. Reliable 5% that you know you will get no matter what. No depending on bookstore coding or anything.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Another forum member just did precisely that, to the Freedom.

Yes, I did see that.

But, Chase came to them with the offer. I have yet to see anyone else ask and have it happen to them.

And I am guessing the only reason Chase offered it was because they didn't use the card in over a year with an 18k limit.

I tried calling Chase again after seeing they offered that, no more luck than the first 5 times.

I would consider not using it for a year, but I am certain that with my 2.2k limit, they will just close the card before they try to keep me.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

please dont get the chase amazon card. total waste.

amazon store card, or sallie mae if your spend is less.... but actually for the next few months discover beats all of them....

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.