Did you mean: 

should i get an amex?

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Re: should i get an amex?

@Anonymous wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

the last decision i need to make is if i should get an amex jet blue card. does anyone know if jet blue plans to keep amex as there bank card for a long time? i read on the forums that maybe jet blue was trying to find another bank to offer there card. anyone have any info on this?i only fly jet blue so i want to have a jb card for life. if there leaving amex id just rather wait and get a card from the new bank

Don't get it.. That deal is over...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-13/jetblue-said-to-drop-card-partner-amex-for-barclays-mastercard

thanks!!! reading now

Message 11 of 20
jay0
Established Member

@johnpalley wrote:

@jay0 wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

the last decision i need to make is if i should get an amex jet blue card. does anyone know if jet blue plans to keep amax as there bank card for a long time? i read on the forums that maybe jet blue was trying to find another bank to offer there card. anyone have any info on this?i only fly jet blue so i want to have a jb card for life. if there leaving amex id just rather wait and get a card from the new bank

I actually just applied for JetBlue card, and got a warning message from amex that they were terminating the JetBlue card soon, and asked if I still wished to continue applying. So it looks like that's a no

yes!!!!! so glad i bumped into you hear brotha. do you have any idea what bank there switching to? i have an unpaid charge off with amex anyway and im not sure they would of let me back in so im glad there switching banks. i need to know what the deal is on this asap, maybe i should start a thread

AmEx’s contract with JetBlue ends at the end of 2015, No word on a replacement yet.

Edit: never mind looks like Barclays MasterCard from the article above

Message 12 of 20
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@jay0 wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

@jay0 wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

the last decision i need to make is if i should get an amex jet blue card. does anyone know if jet blue plans to keep amax as there bank card for a long time? i read on the forums that maybe jet blue was trying to find another bank to offer there card. anyone have any info on this?i only fly jet blue so i want to have a jb card for life. if there leaving amex id just rather wait and get a card from the new bank

I actually just applied for JetBlue card, and got a warning message from amex that they were terminating the JetBlue card soon, and asked if I still wished to continue applying. So it looks like that's a no

yes!!!!! so glad i bumped into you hear brotha. do you have any idea what bank there switching to? i have an unpaid charge off with amex anyway and im not sure they would of let me back in so im glad there switching banks. i need to know what the deal is on this asap, maybe i should start a thread

AmEx’s contract with JetBlue ends at the end of 2015, No word on a replacement yet.

read the article Yes-Its-Me posted. there goin to barclay brotha. looks like i gotta wait till 2016 then, im all over that card

Message 13 of 20
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i guess my app spree is officially over now. thanks guys for all the help with everything. i love this site! take care

Message 14 of 20
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

i guess my app spree is officially over now. thanks guys for all the help with everything. i love this site! take care

Sorry I'm late to the party. Many comments.

Congratulations on the new cards!! Smiley Very Happy

Amex is great, wonderful over-all experience, my highest CL card by almost $10K with a CLI coming next month.

Ring (Barclay) does not like you to carry balances on this card (even though the low APR makes it seem like that's what it's for). To get them to give you healthy auto-CLI's PIF every month if possible. Also, use the card, don't let it sit there unused month-after-month.

The article sites "People with knowledge of the matter" as it's source, is extremely vague with all details not pertaining to the Costco news. The title is very "clickbait-y." I wouldn't say that's a truth just yet, lets wait for more news to break.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 15 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

i guess i was thinking right all along. looks like its just better to stay away. 5 cards is enough anyway i guess. thanks for the info. if anyone disagrees please post

No disagreement here. Not all cards have to be applied for at the same time so it is always a good idea to garden in between apps. Also each card should be looked at in terms of what it can do for you and not only be applied for because it is an Amex.  Looks like a very important benefit of Amex has vanished anyway .. backdating CR.  If you are looking for cards with low APR and intend to carry balances then Amex is not the ideal card  IMO and I would rather recommend to look for a CU in your area.  With the Ring you have one of the best cards for this purpose already Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

Sorry I'm late to the party. Many comments.

Congratulations on the new cards!! Smiley Very Happy

Amex is great, wonderful over-all experience, my highest CL card by almost $10K with a CLI coming next month.

Ring (Barclay) does not like you to carry balances on this card (even though the low APR makes it seem like that's what it's for). To get them to give you healthy auto-CLI's PIF every month if possible. Also, use the card, don't let it sit there unused month-after-month.

The article sites "People with knowledge of the matter" as it's source, is extremely vague with all details not pertaining to the Costco news. The title is very "clickbait-y." I wouldn't say that's a truth just yet, lets wait for more news to break.

the ring isnt meant to carry balances? i dont know what to say to that. thats news to me. il see how it goes soon cause i plan on carrying many balances throughout the years lol.  

Message 17 of 20
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

i guess i was thinking right all along. looks like its just better to stay away. 5 cards is enough anyway i guess. thanks for the info. if anyone disagrees please post

No disagreement here. Not all cards have to be applied for at the same time so it is always a good idea to garden in between apps. Also each card should be looked at in terms of what it can do for you and not only be applied for because it is an Amex.  Looks like a very important benefit of Amex has vanished anyway .. backdating CR.  If you are looking for cards with low APR and intend to carry balances then Amex is not the ideal card  IMO and I would rather recommend to look for a CU in your area.  With the Ring you have one of the best cards for this purpose already Smiley Happy

agreed! thanks for the response

Message 18 of 20
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

<SNIP SNIP>

the ring isnt meant to carry balances? i dont know what to say to that. thats news to me. il see how it goes soon cause i plan on carrying many balances throughout the years lol.  

Please let me know how it goes, I just got mine last month but all the reading on these forums has led me to believe they usually hand out the CLI's to people who PIF every month. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 19 of 20
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

<SNIP SNIP>

Please let me know how it goes, I just got mine last month but all the reading on these forums has led me to believe they usually hand out the CLI's to people who PIF every month. 

please make sure you send me a pm down the line and il let you know. to be honest even if they dont raise my limit anytime soon i wont be that upset cause they started me off with a 10k limit. if they lowered it though id be pissed. there gonna make alot of interest off me throughout the years so they should be gratefull

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.