sportman's guide approval 8k

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Lol I tried it and no dice.
Oh well. Lol less temptation for me.
What's the APR on this card?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 62
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Lol I tried it and no dice.
Oh well. Lol less temptation for me.
What's the APR on this card?

24.9%  lmao

Message 22 of 62
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

Lol... yeah, the apr is high.

It's just helpful for people like me, in early stage of credit building.

The apr doesn't bother me since I will not carry balance.
After years of spending cash, I wanna build some credit
Message 23 of 62
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Jchuthemyth wrote:
Lol... yeah, the apr is high.

It's just helpful for people like me, in early stage of credit building.

The apr doesn't bother me since I will not carry balance.

Yeah it is crazy high, young is always on the hunt for low APR lol.

This is a great card for building credit - nobody else would come close to the limit, and 6-12 months down the road you'll be getting instant approvals for Visa Signature cards.  I really think you made a good move getting this card.

Message 24 of 62
surgemorales
Established Member

What browser did you guys use, at which point did you get the popup tried it again with no love had about 5 things in the,shopping cat at $800 bucks and mothing???
I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Message 25 of 62
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

Do you have to actually complete a transaction once you get the approval?

Im wondering after I accepted it and it went to checkout with the temporary limit to use, I closed out the browser and maybe it canceled it all out.

Message 26 of 62
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I never ordered anything from them with it.  I accepted the card after putting in my last 4 of ssn and immediately cancelled my order.  The only way to get the pop-up is to click on the Buyer's Guide enrollment.  If you don't do that, you won't get the pre-approval.

Message 27 of 62
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

I accepted the enrollment and put in last 4 of social and then it said I was approved. It put in a temp credit number in the payment box so I could check out and use it but I closed the web page.

I guess Ill find out if it comes in the mail or not.

Message 28 of 62
surgemorales
Established Member

Anyone else has some insight on how to get the pre-approval pop-up to come up.

Jchuthemyth - Did you call and place the order over the phone and was told your pre-approved or did you call just to confirm you were approved and find out how much your CL was.....

Any insight ?

I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Message 29 of 62
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@surgemorales wrote:

Anyone else has some insight on how to get the pre-approval pop-up to come up.

@Jchuthemyth - Did you call and place the order over the phone and was told your pre-approved or did you call just to confirm you were approved and find out how much your CL was.....

Any insight ?

After you fill in your info, it will come back with YOU'RE APPROVED and will go back to the payment page with a temp card number. It will not mention the limit.

Call customer service and you'll be able to access your account with your social, phone number and zip code. It won't mention the limit in the automated menu but you can dial 0 for the operator and they'll be able to tell you.

I didn't get the popup until a) my score rose above 700 and b) I put my middle initial in my profile. I used Internet Explorer.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.