Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

victoria secret soft pull online?

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

victoria secret soft pull online?

I was making purchase as guest on victoria secret pink online..screen popped up that i was preapproved..it only asked for last 4 of social security number..do you think it was a soft pull???i hope so..i heard about this a few years ago but just want to reconfirm..thank youSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: victoria secret soft pull online?

That's the "shopping cart trick" -- and it should be a soft pull but there are no guarantees.

Don't go out and get 10 store cards using this method.  One is fine, but you also want to build credit with some prime banks -- if your scores are low try the Capital One prequalification page.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 above and becareful, a lot of people here has gotten trigger happy with the SCT and end up with all these store cards that they don't really need/use.  For credit mix, you do need a couple of store cards, but only get the ones you will actually need/use.  The ones on my signature I DO use and PIF.

Although the SCT is a SP, sometimes the HP will show a month or two later.  Don't be shocked if this happens, but if it doesn't, great! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
shoegal
Valued Contributor

It was a soft pull for me. I got it the same way with the shopping cart trick. I've only 2 store cards because I shop a lot at VS and Ulta. Don't get more than 1 or 2 like the other poster said.

Message 4 of 8
fritscher
Regular Contributor

my credit scores are high..i wanted this card because i shop there alot anyway..only have4 store cards and all 4 i use

rest all banks

thanks for your responses!!!

appreciate it much

karen

Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your soon to be new card.

Check out the numerous threads on Comenity Bank CLI guides

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I apply for this card
Message 7 of 8
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

You can cold app at any store or online, but that will likely result in a HP.  To get this card as a SP like the me, the OP and many others here have.  Start making a purchase on the VS website, after it asks for your shipping information you will get a pop-up if pre-approved.  Sometimes it takes a while and some people get it on the first try.  I tried for about two months before it finally popped for me.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.