tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: well well NFCU.....you love me.

Message 11 of 79
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Yea it was dodgeball's post (at the time I couldn't remember who it was) that gave me (and others) the idea. I'll wait a week or so and try it again. LOL.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 12 of 79
Datx
Valued Contributor

From what I have seen, and from my past experience with NFCU. When you ask for a CLI with NFCU, its like they already have a set amount they will approve you for. If you go past the amount, then they will then have to manually review and HP you. At one time, when my CL was at 5K I requested a CLI in a couple of thousands at a time until I reached my max at 12.5K before they did a manual review. So if you do get an instant CLI, then more than likely you still have room to play with...you just dont know how much or when they will do a manual review.

Message 13 of 79
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I totally blame dodgeball/Rhaeny for this: (this was instantly approved Smiley Very Happy )

Navy Federal Credit Union - Mozilla Firefox_2013-04-23_07-54-57.png

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 14 of 79
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@ Madmann26, how long did you have the card before applying for a CLI?

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 79
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@CashOnDelivery wrote:

@ Madmann26, how long did you have the card before applying for a CLI?

I got the card in Dec 2012. Last month I asked for my first CLI, declined and honestly, I think I asked for to much. Early this month, I asked for a cli from 3k to 4k, resulted in a HP but was approved.

The last 2 CLI's have been less than 24hrs apart but were instantly approved.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 16 of 79
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just ask for $10 next time, it will save the repeats Smiley Tongue

But if you are at $5k now and wait 6 months, I would ask for $20k, the system will counter or you will get review like you did with first request which if they are going to review it anyway, you my as well be asking for a big huge amount and let them counter down.

Did you see how much cash Navy has sitting on reserve... They NEED to Lend more!!! Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 79
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Congrats Madmann26!

I swear these NFCU posts are bad for me.  I just got approved for my card yesterday and I'm already thinking about when I can ask for a CLI.  I think I'll wait at LEAST 3 months....

There should just be a section for NFCU, this way I can avoid it all together Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 79
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

I totally blame dodgeball/Rhaeny for this: (this was instantly approved Smiley Very Happy )

Navy Federal Credit Union - Mozilla Firefox_2013-04-23_07-54-57.png

Woohoo!!!  Told ya!!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 19 of 79
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Alright Rhaeny, this is your fault. That's another $500, for a new CL of $5500.

Navy Federal Credit Union - Mozilla Firefox_2013-04-23_12-44-26.png

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 20 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.