cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what card would I have the best chance of approval with my situation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what card would I have the best chance of approval with my situation?

Im 22 and have a credit score of 726. No derogatory remarks. I have one open line of credit, always paid on time and always utilized less than 30%. My line is only about two years old. I would like to open more lines of credit because I know that one is not enough to build my score to where I want it to be. What would be the best card that I would actually get approved for? I would like a discover but I'm not sure that I would get approved. I would like to minimize hard inquiries. I don't want to apply for my dream card, get denied and then have to do a hard inquiry again.

Thanks! This is my first post so I hope this is in the right place.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: what card would I have the best chance of approval with my situation?

welcome to the forum

if Discover is your dream card then go for it. Discover is a hit & miss with starting CL but quite open to new customers with thin files.

which card and limit do you have. Is your score a Fico or Fako score. How many inquiries on EQ?  or TU? 

Interested in a charge card? Amex PRG? To lock in MSD of 2014 ..inq on EX for Amex?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a credit card with my credit union CL of 1500. It used to be 375 but was increased. My score is fico. I dont think ive ever had an inquiry other than to obtain my current card when i had no credit. But i will make sure.
Message 3 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a credit card with my credit union CL of 1500. It used to be 375 but was increased. My score is fico. I dont think ive ever had an inquiry other than to obtain my current card when i had no credit. But i will make sure.

go for Discover It then as this is the card you would really like to have. Once approved why not add a 2nd card that pulls another bureau right after?  If Discover pulls EQ then go for an Amex  with clean report they are not bad with approvals on thin files. Good luck and let us know what you did and how it ended. I love to read success stories Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I agree with the Discover/Amex combo.  Both should suit you well.

Message 5 of 6
abubika1
New Contributor

Depending on income you should be good for whatever you're after. I'm only 23 and didn't start applying til I had 18 months of on time payments on auto loan, so similar on the starting points.

I agree on the discover it and amex if you want to lock in a MSD of '14. Go for it and congrats on keeping up with everything!

Chase Ritz Carlton 10.5k | Discover IT 14k | Barclays Arrival + 6k | Amex Everyday Preferred 24.8k | Citi Double Cash 10.6k | Cap1 Venture 10k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.