Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why wont lowes approve me!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: why wont lowes approve me!!!!

6 months in the garden will do you well, but remember it's a marathon not a sprint. Your scores will improve. Keep working on any remaining negatives. If it's one CO account, see about Pay For Delete etc...depending on it's age it may or may not be worth it. Collection Accounts get sold/transferred all the time and legally if a Collection Agency no longer has an account they are supposed to remove it from your credit report, so resdisputing later can yield different results. Also disputing a collection account by mail with the CRA's is usually more effective than the online disputes since you can include more info/documentation if needed. Check your states statute of limitations on collection of debt and depending on the type of account you can sometimes use that to leverage a pay for delete. REMEMBER to never agree the debt is yours or agree to pay becuse this can reset the 7 year clock and sometimes the statute of limitations as well.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

All is not lost. Home depot doesn't pull tu, so as all your scores inch up and the collection is on tu but not ex.… attack
Message 12 of 13
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah i get it.....

it just seems ridiculous for a lender to offer credit from one store but deny you credit at another. makes no sense to me! i mean why would it be riskier to offer me credit at lowes but not at walmart!

i am going to the garden for to foreseeable future and  let my score improve. my uti is about 19% which i'm going to keep at below 10% from here on out and let my accounts age.

from where i was at 6 months ago to today makes me excited! 16 collections removed and no credit cards, to 1 collection and after my app spree the past 2 weeks i now have a qs1,walmart,amazon and paypal credit and a cap1 platinum that was secured but they gave me a 60% cli. all cards i can use and benefit from. i am kinda pissed at myself for the added inquiries i got but oh well. with 6 months or so of good history and age on all my other stuff i should be sitting pretty good.

There is nothing ridiculous about different standards for different cards. Some stores are higher end than others and as a result will have different criteria that they give to their backing institution. It is the same on mainline banks when you go for platinum cards vs rewards cards vs top tier AF cards. While Walmart and Amazon are trying to help everyone get their products Lowe's is trying to keep you in their cards based on the fact that you probably are a homeowner or landlord which will have better credit. Now as for approval criteria your 620 is too low and you have a recent collection as well as a recent charge off which make you look potentially hazardous to a lenders health. On top of that you have too many new accounts that really should age to 1yr first. Lastly with Synchrony you might be approaching the max credit exposure so you might want to hold off any more requests to them for a bit.

P.S. Paypal Credit is run by Comenity Bank. The Paypal Mastercards are run by Synchrony.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.