cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Denial leads to new Navy Fed TShirt :)

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

1 Denial leads to new Navy Fed TShirt :)

As promised to a couple of my Fico friends, this is the tail of hopefully my last foray into new credit card land and my escape from our awesome gardenSmiley Wink

Well, as usual, i fall victim to my own success and the ever present temptation of a Boa cli button rearing its ugly head on my BBR account. I currently have almost all my debt on this card due to multiple bts ive taken part of this past year. Well i figured lets see if i can get one more to help bring down my % , currently with a $5400 balance on a $10,700 limit ( 3 out of 4 limit increases approved since opening card Smiley Wink.

Knew i shouldnt have but did and now 3/5 and will be last time ever with Boa. Denied, but like a faithful Ficoer, decided to roll the dice and recon. What can it hurt. Unfortunately due to my income and i guess obligations in comparison to my income, recon denied. Good thing is i can know put that to rest. Im at max with Boa and dont have to worry about using any more hps with them .i cant complain, 10k on my income is fantastic. Thanks Boa.

Ok so figured what the heck in out of the garden , i decided to add to my collection of Navy Fed tshirts and went for the Cash Rewards. 2 main reasons i decided to apply , one figured im gonna be in the basement of Citi's with my DC at $1800 forever, and i love my Platinum but figured to get back some cash on normal spend . Plus Navy is awesome and will help me eventually close out other cards.

So i unlock my TU and apply, dont hear anything for 2 or 3 days so figured oh well and locked up my TU again figuring ill get a letter. Go to my account and have a message waiting saying they need me to unlock my TU within 14 days or no go on app. Ok, said lets give her 1 more try. Unlocked it, sent sm that i unlocked and decided to call to inform them about it.

Shockingly, next day i check status center and i was approved!!!! Simply amazing is Navy , approved at $6000 at 15.40 apr, my lowest apr yet!!. Had it fedexed for $12 and kid you not it was here within 2 days! Not only that i was approved on 26 Jun and 3 days later 29Jun already reporting to Experian, 1 July, already reporting to Tu!

Data Points:

Tu Fico 8 - 724
Inqs Tu- 22
1st Navy card approved ( Platinum) $500 sl Feb 2017
1st Navy card cli. ( Platinum) $5000 May 2017
2nd Navy card ( Cash Rewards) $6000 June 2017
Income - less than 25k
Overall uti 5%

My new Tshirt reads:

"NAVY FEDERAL Approved my Cash Rewards... So I Highly Approve Navy Fed with my CashSmiley Happy"
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: 1 Denial leads to new Navy Fed TShirt :)

Good work m8, next time try to get to the point faster .lol

Message 2 of 46
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Smiley Wink Will do, but figured this might be last approval for years soooooSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a job well done, AJ! Smiley Happy You're off to a fantastic start with Navy and they will be generous with you at the 6 month mark, I have a feeling. I'd recommend waiting for your first CLI request until the 6 month mark just due to Navy's policies in general and the fact that many people lately have greater success by waiting 6 months vs. trying at 90 days.

Keep in mind that you can also ask Navy at any time what your APR would be if you PC"d that card to Platinum. The Platinum card always has a lower APR and often, the APR is lower by as much as 4-5%!

I see under your signature that you have the Platinum, and I'm assuming it's at a higher interest rate than you mentioned. You can still work with Navy to PC one card and shuffle the other around to get the cards you want. It's not difficult. Alternately, you can wait until each card is one year of age and request an APR reduction.

I was able to get my APR reduced by 4% just by changing from Cash Rewards to Platinum, and others have gotten a 5% APR redux in that scenario.

Keep up the great work! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a great credit finale, AJ! Congratulations to you! It sounds like you are really ready to garden for a long time. It feels good, doesn't it? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats AWESOME buddy !

I am very glad that they are taking care of you.
I am so glad that my family is in with them now as well.

Cool Beans !

Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ajc, you tricked me! I thought it was the Final CC (I saw that little pun you threw in another post). lol Congrats on your new Navy Cc! 

Message 7 of 46
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, AJC!

From everything I read here, Navy Fed is definitely the place to be!

Watch those card limits grow! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, however I am confused did you actually get a tshirt or am I missing something?

Message 9 of 46
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yay way to go AJC a big congrats to you my friend, I thought I was missing out on a free Navy Fed T-shirt for a min lol
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.