cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100K club! (Thanks to BofA & Navy Federal!)

tag
Prosper777
Valued Member

Re: $100K club! (Thanks to BofA & Navy Federal!)

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Myrwyn, i believe all can be done onlineSmiley Happy

AverageJoesCredit: My friend opened an account and got a credit card with NFCU by sending them, via email, only copies of his driver's license and social security card (2 pieces of id) and a copy of his electric bill for good measure. NFCU also only pulled TU for both. Good luck to you!

Message 11 of 16
JamP
Valued Contributor

Awesome, Congratz and Welcome to the Club.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 12 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very interesting Prosper thanks for that tidbit. Gonna have to read up more on Navy to see what i may doSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, well Navy is a curiosity. The thing is i have my equifax frozen and having issues wirh it. Keep sending in all my info to get free report and wnd up getting back letters that i either dont have a credit report,(this ones a head scratcher) or they keep asking for what i already sent. Im not going to keep sending all my personsl info through the mail. What the heck they doing with it?. So im just gonna let all the inqs fall off and maybe try to work with it later.

I know Navy pulls Eq, like my Penfed or Dc, so no hopes there of getting anymore clis via hp. Also with Navy i know they can pull TU, which doesnt overly concern me but i think i would also have to get my passport as i understand they need 2 types of id to join. So i guess the biggest factor is the issues im having with Equifax. Til then im gonna work Boa like there is no tomorrowSmiley Happy 

AJC,

In backwards order:

1) I have heard that NFCU will allow DL and SS Card for ID - I know SS is cheaper (as in free) than a Passport to get (takes about 2 weeks)

2)Is that true on NFCU? They use EQ for new apps/membership? - I am just about to devour the Data points post (as I have with PenFed's) - would love to know this from you or anyone reading...is TU a second pull sometimes then or?

3) I am currently going through a very similar thing with EQ - Double check your Personal Info (name AND address) Reported via EQ via one of the monitoring sites...I found that the had my nickname listed as my middle name on their "Current Name" for me, as well as a wrong address as my current (it is a typo'd version of an old work addy) - This was keeping me from finding verifications of my disputes on line without a Conf # - I ended up getting them on the phone (Did another dispute and they are sending me a report (Free due to a denial and not using my Free Annual Report up), but I think they are sending it to the wrong addy...I am going to be sending a registered letter this coming week to try to get mine straightened out with the info for ID below from their website.

(ALSO of note - My Mother's First Name used was her nickname as well for them in the EQ report, and they kept saying her records couldn't be matched)

Not sure if this is a poor attempt and trying to sell services, as I was pitched twice in my call and have heard others say the same...not a good sales tactic if you ask me.

From the EQ Website:

Search “Equifax acceptable forms of identification”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are writing to request assistance on your Equifax credit file (i.e., dispute, fraud alert, security freeze, disclosure), please also include a copy of a document from each of the two categories below:

One item to validate ID such as:

• Valid driver's license
  • Social Security card
  • Pay stub
  • W2 form
  • 1099 form
  • Court documents for legal name change
  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree
  • State ID
  • Military ID

AND one item to validate address such as:

• Valid driver's license
  • Utility bill with the correct address (gas, water, cable, residential phone bill)
  • Cell phone bill
  • Pay stub
  • W2 form
  • 1099 form
  • Rental lease agreement/house deed
  • Mortgage statement
  • Bank statement
  • State ID

Please note, when you provide documents, including a letter, to Equifax as part of your dispute, the documents may be submitted to one or more companies whose information are the subject of your dispute.

Message 14 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Liquid. In my letters they always want like a water or elictric bill to verify address but i cant actually give those as i pay my water and lightts but they are under my grandfathers name. I wish i could find a correct number to actually talk to a live person but yeah its frustrating to deal with Eq. TU no probs, Ex is ok as well but.. Im sure all relevant info on Navy is here its just i have to put on my headphones kick back and relax to read it lol.id love to be that guy with low income but a 20k Navy card hahaSmiley Happy. Im already in a quest for a Discover credit limit increase lol, why not start one for Navy haha. Good luck on your journey. Im gonna see if i can call Equifax to st least get that taken care of and go from thereSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit

Again, in the same boat...need to clear up EQ Addy and Name AND get my SS card, prior to boarding the NFCU train...not sure if you are on the PenFed luv train or if it fits your profile/needs, but I started with them this month...membership pulled Eq, with discrepencies, and approved 1/13/17...

I then Apped for the Visa Preferred Sig rewards 1/20/17 and got an instant approval for 18K, with "Address Verification" via phone. I called in and they said addy was verified, but needed to ask ID Q's to verify that...They were ones I actually knew, so 4 Q's later and card approved

So, if you haven't set up with them yet (which by the way the 3 CSR convos, 2 for my Q's, I have had were warm and welcoming), you might consider them.

Another Note, as I am getting the (now infamous) EQ ID Q's when ordering monitoring/CRs or trying to dispute things, I am noticing a pattern where either ALL Q's were "none of the above" for me, or 3 out 4 were that way...I failed the 1st few (seems I wanted to guess at what they might be seeing...seems my nature is to not hit "none of the above?) - My drawn out point is, I needed to trust my knowledge of my own report...as well as look at the ones I had.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.