Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10k HP CLI - Home Depot

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

10k HP CLI - Home Depot

Nuked the garden again. After years of having a $500 limit at home depot, I finally used it and maxed it out last year. PIF. I then requested a 5K bump March 2016. They raised it to just $2k with a HP, FICO over 800... I maxed that a few times in one month this April and PIF with multiple payments before the statement, no activity since. Today I requested a 10k bump and got it instantly with another HP (should have asked for more).
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: 10k HP CLI - Home Depot

Think your next purchase with it should be a wood chipper since it's costing you all these HP's!  Should try Lowe's for the sake of SP's from CS all the time to 25K+ and some are even reporting limits up to 35-40K.  Congrats on the 10K though!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using my lowes a lot since buying my new house. But Home Depot had an outdoor kitchen setup that I simply must have. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my main reasons for going with the Lowe's card over HD was the simple fact that I knew I could basically have any limit I wanted with Lowe's (I went with $30k) where I knew it would be next to impossible to attain that with the HD card, even with several HPs along the way.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could do one more HP on Home Depot next year with a $32k request but I simply can't see needing it unless they can do a better deal than lowes on somthing major. The outdoor kitchen/bar I want is not offered by lowes and HD sent me a 20% off anything I put on the card coupon for them month. 20% is way better than my double cash.
Message 5 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

If there's something distinctive about the item description like a particular name/model/item# it's probably a good idea to sleuth it out a bit online.

My furniture had something unique about it that was searchable and confirmed the deal I was getting was pretty decent.

Major things like HVAC though can vary depending on who's selling/installing the equipment.  When I got 5 quotes from different places for the same size units inside/outside for replacement they ranged from $4200 to $11K for the same setup.  Bigger purchases need a litlte more time but, 20% is a good face value deal if you indeed can't find it somewhere else for 30% less or something like that and use a different card.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've looked it up and HD prices are in line with, or lower than, other vendors. I also have a quote from a local company for another product that would do perfectly at 3x the price. That's not happening.
Message 7 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Sometimes you can find a better deal and other times you can't.  I find the prices between lowe's and HD to be comparable though on most generic things.  Just liike it's a wash between prices at Sam's / Costco.  For some smaller things I'll compare Amazon w/ Google and if it's something specific even on amazon there's different ways to get things ordered there that have varying prices for the same type of thing.  

If the local place is 3x then they better have something doing the dishes and cleaning up after the cookout to make up for the price Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.