Did you mean: 

18 year olds Credit Spree

tag
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Re: 18 year olds Credit Spree

Your closing an AMEX!?

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 31 of 38
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:

Im deffinetly going to try again. I gave the Amazon Visa a shot and that is pending. Maybe because of the weekend. I will check that out on Monday to

Chase should be able to give you an instant desicion even on the weekends or holidays. I guess it might be pending because  you have submtted 2 other apps with them recently...

What i would do is to call the same backdoor number (888-245-0625) and explain you applied for the Chase Amazon Visa and got a pending message. Ask them to take a look at your app and see if they can approve you..... after you're done with that.... you can calll and try again to recon the Chase Freedom. 

Forget about the Slate, believe me you won't be happy with that card overtime...... You don't have any balance to transfer, and it doesn't have any sign up bonus or rewards so there's no point getting that card even when is "sexy" as you describe lit

Message 32 of 38
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Josh2942 wrote:

Your closing an AMEX!?

Yeah i'm closing my AMEX green charge i'm not using it and i don't want to pay the annual fee either. I'm keeping my BCE though and try another CLI in Frebruary and see if i can up my CL to $10,000. I'm not sure they''ll aprove my whole request because income issues and my overall credit limits are already higher than my current income the last time i tried was in August i had $6000 and got only $900 but it's fine i guess it's a SP anyway and i understand that AMEX saw a ton of new accounts reporting and i believe that was the reason my whole request wasn't granted
Message 33 of 38
cardz

Congrats, I'm in the AMEX club at a young age too (19), and just got approved for the AMEX BCE ($1k CL) and Chase Freedom ($500 CL) in the same week. I also have a Discover Open Road and Citi Platinum Select (both at $1k CL) from 2012.

Turns out I was over utilizing both of these cards earlier this year (60% utilization) and quickly paid them off and plan to introduce them to my newly made garden.

Good luck with Chase, I applied for the Slate and Freedom card earlier this year but was denied because I didn't have enough credit history, even though I had a Checking with them for years.

Message 34 of 38
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Thanks man. I am so happy! although its only $2k its a great start. Im going to use it to go to New Years in New York City. The travel points a great. I should have tried for the BCE. I only got the blue card. I read on Credit Karma its the easiest to get. I dont see much of a difference but I deffintely see that you get more cash back with the BCE. I use my Capital One Quicksilver for cashback because its 1.5% on everything

Student Loan Debt $1,500
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 35 of 38
Josh2942
Established Contributor

How do i combat the constant limited credit complaint?

Student Loan Debt $1,500
Message 36 of 38
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:

Time is all what you need to fix that issue.... I know it sucks when you're declined due to limited credit history. Two years ago i was just like you applying for new credit and getting declined for certain credit cards because of my short credit history  and of course i was frustrated when i was getting denial letters and i never did recons because i didn't know you could do that until i started doing some research on internet and ran into this forum

Once you have two tradelines or more with 2+ years of perfect credit history you'll be all set and you won't be getting denial letters for that reason but until then keep paying your bills on time and avoid applying for too much in a short period of time and finally keep your overall utization the lowest you can (<10%)  I know you've been doing that in the past 6 months  so kudos to you for that Smiley Wink 

Message 37 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Josh2942 wrote:

The only way to combat the limited credit hurdle is to grow it over time.  You cannot grow credit experience overnight.  If you try to rush things or amass so much in a short period, it will become counterproductive.  Your overall credit experience will get better with time as your credit portfolio matures and you establish a positive payment history.  This also comes with capacity - how you handle the tradelines on your file.  Conversely, with age, the limited credit history will diminish and more opportunities will open up.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.