Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 AX approvals in the same week!!!

tag
cp94550
Regular Contributor

2 AX approvals in the same week!!!

I really can't believe this right now. I app'd for the BCE last weekend and was asked to call in. I thought it was a denial but after reading on here or sounded like it was just a verification. I called in the next day and they just wanted to verify my info and said I was approved for $1k! I got my foot in with AX after years of rebuilding!!!

When card arrived in did a CLI and was approved at $2k.

Then I decided I'd give the AX Everyday a try. Filled out my app and was asked to call in. Called in and they said I had app'd too close together and would have to wait 5 days. Today was day 5 so I called in to inquire. CSR put me on hold for a minute then came back and said "I don't want to make you wait the 7-10 days..." (I thought he was gonna say for the denial in the mail) ... "So I'm going to rush you your new card. Congratulations. You've been approved." I asked how much and he said $5k! This is now my largest account.

A little bit in shock. Scores are sitting between 630-650 right now.

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 AX approvals in the same week!!!

Well done

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cp94550 wrote:
I really can't believe this right now. I app'd for the BCE last weekend and was asked to call in. I thought it was a denial but after reading on here or sounded like it was just a verification. I called in the next day and they just wanted to verify my info and said I was approved for $1k! I got my foot in with AX after years of rebuilding!!!

When card arrived in did a CLI and was approved at $2k.

Then I decided I'd give the AX Everyday a try. Filled out my app and was asked to call in. Called in and they said I had app'd too close together and would have to wait 5 days. Today was day 5 so I called in to inquire. CSR put me on hold for a minute then came back and said "I don't want to make you wait the 7-10 days..." (I thought he was gonna say for the denial in the mail) ... "So I'm going to rush you your new card. Congratulations. You've been approved." I asked how much and he said $5k! This is now my largest account.

A little bit in shock. Scores are sitting between 630-650 right now.

That's great, congrats!

So you called in when activating your first amex and for a cli? If so, I may try that.

Message 3 of 14
cp94550
Regular Contributor

From reading on here I found out you can request a 3x CLI at activation. So the day I got my card I logged in online and asked for triple. They countered at double and I accepted. Now I can't ask for CLI for 6 months on either the new card or this card. Wishing I would have waited to find out about this card to request the CLI on this account. $15,000 would have been great Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cp94550 wrote:

From reading on here I found out you can request a 3x CLI at activation. So the day I got my card I logged in online and asked for triple. They countered at double and I accepted. Now I can't ask for CLI for 6 months on either the new card or this card. Wishing I would have waited to find out about this card to request the CLI on this account. $15,000 would have been great Smiley Happy

Ok, thanks

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job and enjoy it.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet!  Congratulations!

Message 7 of 14
djshifted
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

I'm wondering if I should try for a second once 5 days passes, since the first was an instant approval, though I already have another new card that's yet to report.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

great job

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.