Funny guy Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd NFCU card CLI to $22,000

@juniornj23 wrote:
Nfcu is a SP or HP ?

Hi juniorj,

When you request CLI on an NFCU card, it's generally a SP if the request is granted instantly, and a recent AR has taken place.

If the CLI request goes to review, it is generally a HP. Nothing is set in stone, but in general that seems to be the case.

In my situation, it's been a few weeks since the AR so I will be thrilled if it is SP. The last time I requested CLI, it was instant and was SP. Other myfico members are reporting HP after their CLI request went to review.

Applying for a new card is always a HP, even with an instant approval.

Hope this is helpful. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Huge congrats my friend!  screamer.gif

That's how it's done!!  Smiley Very Happy

johnstewart.gif

Yay, UncleB! Nice to see you and your enthusiasm and support is very much appreciated! Smiley Happy

Cool photo, too! Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

As an additional data point, it may be helpful to know that I don't keep very large amounts in my NFCU savings and checking - only a few hundred dollars in each, as they are not my primary savings and checking. I know that in the past, a few myfico members have wondered if you needed to keep large amounts in checking and savings and if that would help with a CLI.

Certainly it would not hurt, but in my case it was not a factor.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congratulations! Well planned and well executed!

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Big congratulations! Well planned and well executed!

Thank you, my friend, I appreciate it and am thrilled!

Very nice to see you and sending warm wishes in your direction this morning for a wonderful weekend. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also like to encourage those who are a bit frustrated with Navy Federal and not quite getting where they would like to very quickly with limits.

After my 1st card received a CLI, I tried for a 2nd card shortly thereafter (in early October I believe). The 2nd card I tried for was the Cash Rewards. While my first card was instant approval, my second card application requested POI documents. I ignored the application as I gladly provide POI for a mortgage, but not for a piece of plastic. So that request just timed out after 30 days and I didn't pursue it further at that time.

I applied again for the Cash Rewards during the first week of December and received an instant approval. So I do want to encourage others to try again if the situation isn't working in your favor at this time.

At times, Navy Federal can also be a little wonky. I just noticed this morning that someone with really low FICO scores has a $24,000 Cash Rewards card. Very unusual, I think.

I also thought it was weird to get a 6k initial approval with Navy on either card, but as you can see, those quickly increased within a few months to 24k and 22k.

My file also has no negatives in it and many brave people on the board are overcoming the difficult effects of negatives. I admire that and encourage you to stay the course.

Don't give up the ship, friends. Patience and relationship building are both paramount with Navy Federal. They have not let me down yet. Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your big CLI, and thanks for all of the info in your posts. Should be helpful to myself and others in the future

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your big CLI, and thanks for all of the info in your posts. Should be helpful to myself and others in the future

Thanks very much, Tigers! I'm happy to help in any way possible! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.