Moderator Emerita

Re: 3/3 APPROVED! Chase, CITI, Barclays

Message 31 of 33
primechicken
Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

First my Profile.

EQ FICO: 736. All other FICOs are +/- 10 points guesstimate.

AAoA: 3 years+

Inquries in the last year: EX: 3 EQ: 1 TU: 0

Utilization: 1%

So first up was Chase Priority Club for the 80,000 points offer after $1000 spent. They pulled EX(as usual). Gave me a "needs further review" message right away. 10 minutes later I called the automated app status line and said it was approved for $4500. Not as much as I hoped for because I wanted to get my first VISA Signature card. I ended up calling up customer service and they moved $1000 of that credit to my Freedom and initiated a VISA Signature conversion. Few days later I received a call from a CSR to verify some info and go over the VISA Signature terms etc.

Second up was CITI Dividend Platinum Select VISA(whatever it's called) for their $100 bonus after $500 spent. I had been getting multiple preapproval letters per week for months so I used one of those codes. They pulled EQ which I thought was odd because I read they usually pull EX in MA. It was an instant approval for $2000. WHAT?!?! seriously?? Errr, hopefully it grows or I can recon the intial CL somehow. I was quite disapointed. Not really planning on using this card much just wanted to get in with CITI for the future.

Right after CITI I applied for Barclays NFL Patriots card. I'm not even a sports fan but I wanted to get in with Barclays and their $400 back after $2500 offer was attractive. They pulled TU which was expected and great because I have no inquires whatsoever on TU. BAM instant approval for $7000 CL. My highest instant approval ever! Now that I've gotten some CL over $5000, I want one that's over $10,000. I might try to recon the CL on activation. Anyone know if it's possible?

I might be looking for apply for 1 more if you guys have good suggestions. Preferably looking for something with no AF. Also, what are the best ways to get a CLI on the latter 2 cards?

Also, if you guys have questions for me feel free to ask away!

EDIT: Looks like CITI double pulled me. They HPed both Experian and EQ! I guess I am a boarderline applicant...

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature or Priceline.com Rewards Visa Signature.

Congrats, great job!

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 32 of 33
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@primechicken wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

First my Profile.

EQ FICO: 736. All other FICOs are +/- 10 points guesstimate.

AAoA: 3 years+

Inquries in the last year: EX: 3 EQ: 1 TU: 0

Utilization: 1%

So first up was Chase Priority Club for the 80,000 points offer after $1000 spent. They pulled EX(as usual). Gave me a "needs further review" message right away. 10 minutes later I called the automated app status line and said it was approved for $4500. Not as much as I hoped for because I wanted to get my first VISA Signature card. I ended up calling up customer service and they moved $1000 of that credit to my Freedom and initiated a VISA Signature conversion. Few days later I received a call from a CSR to verify some info and go over the VISA Signature terms etc.

Second up was CITI Dividend Platinum Select VISA(whatever it's called) for their $100 bonus after $500 spent. I had been getting multiple preapproval letters per week for months so I used one of those codes. They pulled EQ which I thought was odd because I read they usually pull EX in MA. It was an instant approval for $2000. WHAT?!?! seriously?? Errr, hopefully it grows or I can recon the intial CL somehow. I was quite disapointed. Not really planning on using this card much just wanted to get in with CITI for the future.

Right after CITI I applied for Barclays NFL Patriots card. I'm not even a sports fan but I wanted to get in with Barclays and their $400 back after $2500 offer was attractive. They pulled TU which was expected and great because I have no inquires whatsoever on TU. BAM instant approval for $7000 CL. My highest instant approval ever! Now that I've gotten some CL over $5000, I want one that's over $10,000. I might try to recon the CL on activation. Anyone know if it's possible?

I might be looking for apply for 1 more if you guys have good suggestions. Preferably looking for something with no AF. Also, what are the best ways to get a CLI on the latter 2 cards?

Also, if you guys have questions for me feel free to ask away!

EDIT: Looks like CITI double pulled me. They HPed both Experian and EQ! I guess I am a boarderline applicant...

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature or Priceline.com Rewards Visa Signature.

Congrats, great job!

Thanks but I have no US Bank branches locally, and I already got a Barclays card so I don't thin Priceline is a good option.

Looks like Barclays and Citi is already reporting...that was so fast!!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.