cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 New APPROVALS today.....time for a long vacation in the garden now!

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: 3 New APPROVALS today.....time for a long vacation in the garden now!

@Anonymous wrote:
Call and have your SL limit on the Apple Rewards recon'd. Tell them you want an iMac but don't want your utilization high after buying it. Be prepared to answer questions after a manual review.

Thanks for the advice, I called for the recon was told that I was at the top end of things and they felt I needed more time with the current accounts. No biggie though, garden time anyways lol. I wasn't expecting to get all that I got so quickly so no rush.

Message 11 of 18
Officer737
Established Contributor

@joeaseer wrote:

Officer737 wrote: 

Really want a Discover or a good Chase card with a $10K or higher limit (extreme emergency card) but not sure how I have to do things with a BK CH 7 on my file to get one of them. For now though, I am happy to go to the card for an extended vacation from all of this and let some inquiries fall off and let these puppies grow a bit. Guess I should break out the Lowe's card and grab a shovel and a rake lol 

Okay Chase is most likely not going to give you a 10K card with a BK CH 7. You'd be better off checking from time to time if your pre-approved on the discover website. And once Discover sends you an offer in the mail check your credit score and apply online. If you want a 10K limit, you should be making over 50K a year and have a FICO that's 681 or higher. Also Discover might give you a 500 limit, just stay with them and make your way to 10K over time with enough CLI you can make it.

Yea I'm pretty sure they aren't going to give me any card with the BK 7 showing so no biggie. I have a Cap One QS, Barclay Rewards and Apple card with some decent limits, figure let them grow with me and work with them 

Message 12 of 18
GFer
Valued Contributor

You've got enough cards to create a 'thick' file. When I was rebuilding, I did app sprees as well. And then I gardened and let the new accounts age while I 'proved' myself.

It really pays off in the long run. A thick file is nice for the padding and also b/c when you app down the road, you won't take as big a hit. Personally, I'd let those card age for about a year. With some solid history and rotating to show use while pif, you'll be golden! You've got some cards that are going to grow with you, now just work harder at being patient! lol (easier said than done for most of us!)

Good luck!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Officer737 wrote:

@joeaseer wrote:

Officer737 wrote: 

Really want a Discover or a good Chase card with a $10K or higher limit (extreme emergency card) but not sure how I have to do things with a BK CH 7 on my file to get one of them. For now though, I am happy to go to the card for an extended vacation from all of this and let some inquiries fall off and let these puppies grow a bit. Guess I should break out the Lowe's card and grab a shovel and a rake lol 

Okay Chase is most likely not going to give you a 10K card with a BK CH 7. You'd be better off checking from time to time if your pre-approved on the discover website. And once Discover sends you an offer in the mail check your credit score and apply online. If you want a 10K limit, you should be making over 50K a year and have a FICO that's 681 or higher. Also Discover might give you a 500 limit, just stay with them and make your way to 10K over time with enough CLI you can make it.

Yea I'm pretty sure they aren't going to give me any card with the BK 7 showing so no biggie. I have a Cap One QS, Barclay Rewards and Apple card with some decent limits, figure let them grow with me and work with them 

Don't do Dicover pre-approval site, as it is not accurate at all. Put in Donald Duck with a bogus last 4 dig ss# and it will result in a card for you. Congrats on the approvals

Message 14 of 18
Officer737
Established Contributor

@GFer wrote:

You've got enough cards to create a 'thick' file. When I was rebuilding, I did app sprees as well. And then I gardened and let the new accounts age while I 'proved' myself.

It really pays off in the long run. A thick file is nice for the padding and also b/c when you app down the road, you won't take as big a hit. Personally, I'd let those card age for about a year. With some solid history and rotating to show use while pif, you'll be golden! You've got some cards that are going to grow with you, now just work harder at being patient! lol (easier said than done for most of us!)

Good luck!

<thumbsup> Solid advice right there! I should get my card icon out and put it to use lol. I said I was done before I got the Apple card and tried on a whim. Now back practicing the same patience that got me to this point almost 2 years ago lol. 

Message 15 of 18
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

@joeaseer wrote:

Officer737 wrote: 

Don't do Dicover pre-approval site, as it is not accurate at all. Put in Donald Duck with a bogus last 4 dig ss# and it will result in a card for you. Congrats on the approvals

Yea I'm to the pont with them that I will wait until they send me something solid before I try them again. I did actually mess with their pre qual site the other night and did all kinds of funny names and stuff......Darth Vader might have a card coming his way addressed to to the North Pole with Rudolph LOL

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Officer737 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

@joeaseer wrote:

Officer737 wrote: 

Yea I'm to the pont with them that I will wait until they send me something solid before I try them again. I did actually mess with their pre qual site the other night and did all kinds of funny names and stuff......Darth Vader might have a card coming his way addressed to to the North Pole with Rudolph LOL

LOL So you see where I was coming from.

Message 17 of 18
Officer737
Established Contributor

LOL exactly! If Discover comes around fine, if not no biggie and will give my money to the ones who would take the risk on me.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.