Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 for 3 CLI Approvals!

tag
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

3 for 3 CLI Approvals!

Well...about 2 weeks ago I wrote about how I was approved for a credit limit increase on my Discover and Citi card. So I started thinking about my Capital One card being the only card that I wouldn't get an increase on. After the regular agent said I was denied due to capital one policy and so on. Nothing indicated an issue with my actual credit. I decided to contact the Executive Office gave them my info and they said they would look into it. Today, I checked my account and I was increased $500. So a little less than a year ago I had no revolving credit. Now I have doubled all of my initial limits of $500 Smiley Very Happy

Today, I now have:

Citi Forward - $1,000

Discover More - $1,000

Capital One Journey - $1,000

In addition, the only Hard Pull came from Discover. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: 3 for 3 CLI Approvals!

congratulations!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 2 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 9
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

wow, thats awesome, Congrats!!!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats! 

Message 5 of 9
beb86
Valued Contributor

Nice work!!!!

Message 6 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

let garden them....Very nice...

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 9
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys! I'm just glad some of the hard work is finally paying off. My EQ Fico is 710 and now I'm still debating on when I should apply for the Chase Freedom. 

Message 8 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

Well...about 2 weeks ago I wrote about how I was approved for a credit limit increase on my Discover and Citi card. So I started thinking about my Capital One card being the only card that I wouldn't get an increase on. After the regular agent said I was denied due to capital one policy and so on. Nothing indicated an issue with my actual credit. I decided to contact the Executive Office gave them my info and they said they would look into it. Today, I checked my account and I was increased $500. So a little less than a year ago I had no revolving credit. Now I have doubled all of my initial limits of $500 Smiley Very Happy

Today, I now have:

Citi Forward - $1,000

Discover More - $1,000

Capital One Journey - $1,000

In addition, the only Hard Pull came from Discover. 

How did you ever get the executive office phone number I looked for quite some time on the internet for it, since customer service reps kept telling me either no such place exists or they don't have the number.  I had to file a complaint with the BBB to get them to contact me.  Good luck on the increases though.  I recently ended up with 5; Walmart, Belks, Bealls, Marathon, and Capital One after the complaint and talking to their executive office.  For me they quadrupled my limit.

You should go into gardening mode for a while and simply work on limit increases without hard pulls.  Once you get over $2500 you should see a new jump in your score.  You should sign up for the Cardit Karma service to track your progress. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.