Frequent Contributor
CreditWorld2013

3 for 3 CLI Approvals!

Well...about 2 weeks ago I wrote about how I was approved for a credit limit increase on my Discover and Citi card. So I started thinking about my Capital One card being the only card that I wouldn't get an increase on. After the regular agent said I was denied due to capital one policy and so on. Nothing indicated an issue with my actual credit. I decided to contact the Executive Office gave them my info and they said they would look into it. Today, I checked my account and I was increased $500. So a little less than a year ago I had no revolving credit. Now I have doubled all of my initial limits of $500 :smileyvery-happy:

Today, I now have:

Citi Forward - $1,000

Discover More - $1,000

Capital One Journey - $1,000

In addition, the only Hard Pull came from Discover. 

Established Contributor
LesWH

Re: 3 for 3 CLI Approvals!

congratulations!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Valued Contributor
Epcot

Nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Established Contributor
tennisfan78

wow, thats awesome, Congrats!!!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
EandK23

Congrats! 

Valued Contributor
beb86

Nice work!!!!

ccpics2.jpg
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

let garden them....Very nice...

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Frequent Contributor
CreditWorld2013

Thanks guys! I'm just glad some of the hard work is finally paying off. My EQ Fico is 710 and now I'm still debating on when I should apply for the Chase Freedom. 

Valued Contributor
TiggerDat

CC365 wrote:

Well...about 2 weeks ago I wrote about how I was approved for a credit limit increase on my Discover and Citi card. So I started thinking about my Capital One card being the only card that I wouldn't get an increase on. After the regular agent said I was denied due to capital one policy and so on. Nothing indicated an issue with my actual credit. I decided to contact the Executive Office gave them my info and they said they would look into it. Today, I checked my account and I was increased $500. So a little less than a year ago I had no revolving credit. Now I have doubled all of my initial limits of $500 :smileyvery-happy:

Today, I now have:

Citi Forward - $1,000

Discover More - $1,000

Capital One Journey - $1,000

In addition, the only Hard Pull came from Discover. 

How did you ever get the executive office phone number I looked for quite some time on the internet for it, since customer service reps kept telling me either no such place exists or they don't have the number.  I had to file a complaint with the BBB to get them to contact me.  Good luck on the increases though.  I recently ended up with 5; Walmart, Belks, Bealls, Marathon, and Capital One after the complaint and talking to their executive office.  For me they quadrupled my limit.

You should go into gardening mode for a while and simply work on limit increases without hard pulls.  Once you get over $2500 you should see a new jump in your score.  You should sign up for the Cardit Karma service to track your progress. 

Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}