cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$300 Approved Last Week. CLI to $10,300 On Automated Phone System!

tag
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: $300 Approved Last Week. CLI to $10,300 On Automated Phone System!

WoW, talk about a GREAT CLI, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 11 of 207
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Wow congrats!!!!
Message 12 of 207
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

how did you apply for this card? Did they stop offering it just now or something because even going to comenity.net/bonton you can't apply Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 207
Anonymous
Not applicable

Works for J Crew and Barney's.

Message 14 of 207
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Is the phone system a different outcome from using the online cli increase button in the account manager?

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 15 of 207
msbia
Established Contributor

OP I have this card but for Elder Beerman since my daughter works there. Been stuck on $250 but I never used it because of that limit. Would you mind telling me the step by step you used to increase. For example, did you ask for $200, hang up and call back? Thanks for any info and congratulations, that's an awesome increase! 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 16 of 207
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Super congrats!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 17 of 207
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call in using the phone system, provide income information and all requested info. When they ask if you want a specific cli, say no. Then keep repeating the process during the same phone call until the system stops you. Follow the phone prompts.

Message 18 of 207
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! 

I'll try to answer some questions:

As far as what bureau they pulled, I'm not entirely sure.  I will get back to you on that.  Usually Comenity inquiries have been Equifax for me.

I applied two Sundays ago, and the card arrived yesterday.  (6/14 and 6/23 respectively).

Specifically this is a Carson's card.  Name varies by location, i.e. Elder Beerman... just Google Bon Ton and you'll see the list of names.  I think the cards are interchangable meaning you can use an Elder Beerman card at Caron's and vice versa.

This is how the phone call went:

The system is automated and I never talked to a human.  I had to identify myself with either the card number or SSN, I don't remember.  Then the system asks what they can help you with.  I said "credit limit increase".  Next the system says it can help with that but first it needs some income information.  I typed in my income.  Once I got rolling, of course I made some typos along the way on my phone pad and when I did (like typing that I make 100 million) it asked for me to re-enter.  I think once I typed 1000 and asked for me to re-enter as well.   We'll get into the repeptitive process in a minute.  After typing in my income, I believe it stated the current limit I had and then asked if there was a specific limit I wanted.  I said "no" each time.  Each and every time, except for the last time, it said "Congratulations..." and raised my limit by 200 dollars.

Now getting from $300 to $10,300 at only $200 a time would lead to several dozen repeats of this pattern, hence the typos by me on my income ranging from $1,000 to $100 million.  Again, it will just ask for the amount again.

I have NO idea what happens if you state that there is a specific limit you want.  

I'll be back...

Message 19 of 207
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 20 of 207
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.