Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3RD Capital one card but?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3RD Capital one card but?

Got approved for my 3rd Cap1 card . It started as a HSBC card that was taken over by Cap1, a few years back. I had a 300 Cl  when Cap1 took it over it was changed to a reg platinum card WITH A 1500 CL, then about 6 month ago they upgraded it to a Venture card (One) with a bump in Cl to $3,400. So around then I went to the pre-qualified/pre-approval site and  I was approved for a Quicksilver card but only got a 500 CL.. ugh, I even tried calling the  Ex offices to try to get it bumped up, but No Go.

So yesterday I tried the pre-approval site again and they give me the choice of Quicksilver or Venture card, so THIS TIME I GO FOR THE VENTURE CARD ... AND BAMM ,, Approved for $15,000 CL ..sweeeeet . 

Now the Question I have, can You combine cards at Capital 1 or not..  thanks in advance Smiley Happy, I dont want 2 Venture cards but the older one is the "one card"  ..

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Re: 3RD Capital one card but?

You can combine cards.The card must be open for 6 months and have a 0 balance and no pending transactions. Meaning, you can take the credit line from a card you have had for 6 or more months and move the credit line to any card, new or old. And congrats on the new card!
EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!  Nice CL!

Message 3 of 22
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

NIce approval Congrats !!!!!!!

Message 4 of 22
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats and yes you can combine limits with Capital One if your accounts are eligible.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NursePurse wrote:
You can combine cards.The card must be open for 6 months and have a 0 balance and no pending transactions. Meaning, you can take the credit line from a card you have had for 6 or more months and move the credit line to any card, new or old. And congrats on the new card!
Thanks for the info Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I believe my other account meets that, 0 Balance, never late. and way over 6 months old, So do I just call the Regular customer service number or is there another number i need to call? and thanks in advance for reply.......  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 22
whiteknight1971
Regular Contributor

Congratulations ! Excellent SL on your new Cap 1

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any one? who do I call or how to combine these 2 Venture cards into 1??

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I'm hoping to aquire a Venture in the next few months Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.