cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 for 4 on approvals from my mini spree.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 for 4 on approvals from my mini spree.

So at the end of June I applied for 4 credit cards at the same exact time (within seconds of each other).  I only had one card prior, a Capital One QS with a $4k limit.  I ended up getting approved for the following 4 cards:

Amex BCE - $10,000

Lowe's - $3000 (immediately reconned to $30,000)

Discover It - $12,500

Blispay - $6000

I had zero inquiries across all 3 bureaus when applying; I now have 1 on TU, 1 on EQ and 2 on EX which I'm ok with.  My goal was to not exceed 2 inquiries on any single bureau.

Needless to say, the Capital One QS is going to be hanging out in the SD for a while, possibly forever.  I got that card at a $3000 limit and only received two $500 CLIs to bring it up to $4000 and all of my new cards obviously have provided me with much more. 

Looking forward to requesting $30k on the BCE after 61 days has passed... I'd be happy if they met me half way at $20k but maybe I'll get lucky.. who knows.

Not sure how my 91+ day CLI with Discover will go.  Maybe I can get it to $15k?  We'll see. 

Lowe's limit is great.  I know I can squeeze another $5k out of a 2 minute CS call but I'm content with $30k.  The Blispay limit was a bit of a letdown, especially after playing the waiting game for 3 weeks to hear if I was approved or not... and with no signs of hope regarding CLIs yet with Blispay I'm not sure it will ever grow... but who knows, time will tell. 

Overall I as happy with the result of my only spree ever.  Coming from someone that carried only 1 credit card for 15 years, I can say with 100% certainty that I'd be completely content with gardening almost indefinately with respect to revolving accounts.  Thanks to everyone on these forums for providing me with the credit-knowledge raw materials to confidently undertake my first (and last) mini-spree with overall favorable results.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 for 4 on approvals from my mini spree.

Congratulations! Great approvals!

Message 2 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice spree and very nice limits especially with Discover...Discover isn't known for handing out 10k+ approvals much.

Edit:  Also if blispay is hidden which it should be as people have had 3 statements cut and still not reporting 6k should be more than enough as utilization isn't a factor you need to worry about with it currently.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on 4 good cards! do you have a long-term goal or plan with them?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice
Congratulations😂
Message 7 of 14
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So at the end of June I applied for 4 credit cards at the same exact time (within seconds of each other).  I only had one card prior, a Capital One QS with a $4k limit.  I ended up getting approved for the following 4 cards:

Amex BCE - $10,000

Lowe's - $3000 (immediately reconned to $30,000)

Discover It - $12,500

Blispay - $6000

I had zero inquiries across all 3 bureaus when applying; I now have 1 on TU, 1 on EQ and 2 on EX which I'm ok with.  My goal was to not exceed 2 inquiries on any single bureau.

Needless to say, the Capital One QS is going to be hanging out in the SD for a while, possibly forever.  I got that card at a $3000 limit and only received two $500 CLIs to bring it up to $4000 and all of my new cards obviously have provided me with much more. 

Looking forward to requesting $30k on the BCE after 61 days has passed... I'd be happy if they met me half way at $20k but maybe I'll get lucky.. who knows.

Not sure how my 91+ day CLI with Discover will go.  Maybe I can get it to $15k?  We'll see. 

Lowe's limit is great.  I know I can squeeze another $5k out of a 2 minute CS call but I'm content with $30k.  The Blispay limit was a bit of a letdown, especially after playing the waiting game for 3 weeks to hear if I was approved or not... and with no signs of hope regarding CLIs yet with Blispay I'm not sure it will ever grow... but who knows, time will tell. 

Overall I as happy with the result of my only spree ever.  Coming from someone that carried only 1 credit card for 15 years, I can say with 100% certainty that I'd be completely content with gardening almost indefinately with respect to revolving accounts.  Thanks to everyone on these forums for providing me with the credit-knowledge raw materials to confidently undertake my first (and last) mini-spree with overall favorable results.

Congratulations on a very successful spree! I know you were waiting on that Blispay approval for awhile--so happy for you that you finally got it! I know maybe not the SL you wanted but hopefully it will remain a hidden TL and it won't matter quite so much! 

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 8 of 14
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!! That's a nice spree.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Very nice run!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.