Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 for 4 with NFCU!!! Plus mini spree.

tag
Siopao
Regular Contributor

4 for 4 with NFCU!!! Plus mini spree.

So I joined NFCU back in February with the intent to get the Cash Rewards card.  I paid down my other CC's to bring my util down to <1% and fired away!  I got the 3-5 day message.  But then after about a few hours, I thought, what the heck... I should try for the NavCheck too.  I put $7.5 for my request.  The next day, I got the approval for my NavCheck!  I was pretty damn happy.  And then the day after I got the approval for my Cash Rewards Visa for $5k!  My first Visa Signature card.  

I have also been planning on buying a car during this time, and I wanted to get one before my CC started to report.  But Honda financial wouldn't give me a lease because of my BK and a low auto enhanced EX.  So I figured, what the heck, I can afford to buy, so I apped with Navy Fed.  I requested 30k for 72 months.  Well, the very next day I was approved at their lowest rate of 1.99%!!!  I'm thinking that these guys may be not even looking at the right credit app.  Could this be true???  

Also the same night I apped for the car loan, I figured I might as well get another card from them.  I apped for the goRewards.  Approved at 1k!  I guess that 1k was the sign that I should sit back, relax and garden for a bit. 

So, I'm at work on Friday.  Super happy because I'm going to be picking up my car after work.  Knowing that I'm going to garden for a while.  And I thought, well since I'm going to garden, I might as well get hit with a couple more HP's.  I had a pre-approval letter from Capitol One.  So I apped and got approved for $500.  That was ok, especially since they were burned in my BK.  Then I figured I would try for another US Airways card since I fly them mostly and their hub is here in Phoenix.  BAM!  Approved at $2.1K.  They were also burned in my BK.

So now I'm sitting here going from $1800 in CL to $17.9K in CL in just a few weeks!  I owe it to all of this community and the people that help contribute.  Thank you all in helping me!  I am off to the garden!!!  Unless that nasty NFCU luv button pops up.  Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: 4 for 4 with NFCU!!! Plus mini spree.

@Siopao wrote:

So I joined NFCU back in February with the intent to get the Cash Rewards card.  I paid down my other CC's to bring my util down to <1% and fired away!  I got the 3-5 day message.  But then after about a few hours, I thought, what the heck... I should try for the NavCheck too.  I put $7.5 for my request.  The next day, I got the approval for my NavCheck!  I was pretty damn happy.  And then the day after I got the approval for my Cash Rewards Visa for $5k!  My first Visa Signature card.  

I have also been planning on buying a car during this time, and I wanted to get one before my CC started to report.  But Honda financial wouldn't give me a lease because of my BK and a low auto enhanced EX.  So I figured, what the heck, I can afford to buy, so I apped with Navy Fed.  I requested 30k for 72 months.  Well, the very next day I was approved at their lowest rate of 1.99%!!!  I'm thinking that these guys may be not even looking at the right credit app.  Could this be true???  

Also the same night I apped for the car loan, I figured I might as well get another card from them.  I apped for the goRewards.  Approved at 1k!  I guess that 1k was the sign that I should sit back, relax and garden for a bit. 

So, I'm at work on Friday.  Super happy because I'm going to be picking up my car after work.  Knowing that I'm going to garden for a while.  And I thought, well since I'm going to garden, I might as well get hit with a couple more HP's.  I had a pre-approval letter from Capitol One.  So I apped and got approved for $500.  That was ok, especially since they were burned in my BK.  Then I figured I would try for another US Airways card since I fly them mostly and their hub is here in Phoenix.  BAM!  Approved at $2.1K.  They were also burned in my BK.

So now I'm sitting here going from $1800 in CL to $17.9K in CL in just a few weeks!  I owe it to all of this community and the people that help contribute.  Thank you all in helping me!  I am off to the garden!!!  Unless that nasty NFCU luv button pops up.  Smiley Tongue

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

Nice congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 25
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on all your approvals!  You should probably take a breather for a bit.

Message 5 of 25
Siopao
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Wow! Run, don't stop -----to the garden!

Haha.  Thanks Lexie.  There is no way I'm going to be apping for anything within the next 2 years.  I have enough credit lines reporting now and seeing all those inquiries on my CR sucks!

Message 6 of 25
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!  At least they will all drop off at the same time!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 25
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

What did you use to app that tracked all other apps? I'm referring to the table in your post?
Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 8 of 25
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

Congrats on the approvals!  At least they will all drop off at the same time!

+1 in two years you'll be in great shape.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 9 of 25
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Siopao wrote:

Very nicely done!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.