Did you mean: 

4th Discover CLI in last 2 months

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: 4th Discover CLI in last 2 months

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I will continue to enjoy my CLIs and in september will be asking for a significant APR decrease.

Obviously YMMV but I don't know how "significantly" they will decrease it. It typically is only 1-2% at a time, then wait 6 more months, etc

True enough!

Mine suffered from 22.99% right out of the gate Smiley Frustrated  and am only now just beginning to lowering it 1-2% every call in.

It may take awhile but since they decided to make this account actually useable now, it's seeing daylight instead of darkness Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's been the same for me. They lower it a percent or two every six months. I think I'm somewhere around 15.74% or something like that at the moment.

They do not usually do "significant" reductions from what I've seen at least not from any posts on here. To me significant would be 5% or something and I don't see them doing that.

On the subject of CLI, they have been generous lately, although who knows why. I've gotten two CLIs in two months

Message 12 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

I can't beleive people. why would anyone even consider worrying about the cli's going on lately. as stingy as Discover has been in the past.

If they Cld you. then so be it. at least you would have gotten a high enough limit to make a difference. the chances of them doing it is very light. Cld's is based on AA. not just because you have this and this limit. its all created from thin air anyway. I could see if you maxed out your new limit or something. but not just from having it. Much to do about nothing. imo. I say ride it out and if the day comes to where the luv button stops working every 16 days. we will all know that the party is over. in the meantime. just enjoy the gravin train ride. and lets not panic or cause some true idiot to call them and say. ooh. this is my 5th cli in 2 months. should i stop hitting the luv button?. please whoever does that. should be banned from myfico. jkSmiley Wink

Message 13 of 29
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Curious how did you achieve this? Did you have to request increase online or through customer service?

Message 14 of 29
baller4life
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

I can't beleive people. why would anyone even consider worrying about the cli's going on lately. as stingy as Discover has been in the past.

If they Cld you. then so be it. at least you would have gotten a high enough limit to make a difference. the chances of them doing it is very light. Cld's is based on AA. not just because you have this and this limit. its all created from thin air anyway. I could see if you maxed out your new limit or something. but not just from having it. Much to do about nothing. imo. I say ride it out and if the day comes to where the luv button stops working every 16 days. we will all know that the party is over. in the meantime. just enjoy the gravin train ride. and lets not panic or cause some true idiot to call them and say. ooh. this is my 5th cli in 2 months. should i stop hitting the luv button?. please whoever does that. should be banned from myfico. jkSmiley Wink

IMG_227777632866023.jpeg

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive hit the Luv button several times over the past 2 years and have always had succes.. This last time was a different story. I got a message saying I would get an answer in two days. Would later recieve a mailed letter saying lack of experience with current CL. I have an 833 score. Anyone have this happen to them? I'll wait 6 months and try again!

Message 16 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes. I got the letter today. Saying same thing. I hit a day early. Next day I hit it again. Ang got my increase. 16 days in between every increase.
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it twice in last 2 weeks. I didnt know i have to wait for 16 days between cls and today i tried again and got CLI. Smiley Happy SO go ahead and try today

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive hit the Luv button several times over the past 2 years and have always had succes.. This last time was a different story. I got a message saying I would get an answer in two days. Would later recieve a mailed letter saying lack of experience with current CL. I have an 833 score. Anyone have this happen to them? I'll wait 6 months and try again!

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CarbonCard wrote:

You guys are lucky. My card was originally a college card.. I asked or a CLI and got the 3 - 5 business day message (Im sure its denied)

Try again tomorrow.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eh. I'm honestly scare to ask again! I even had emailed the CSRs and explained why I wanted the CLI.  Do you think they'd flag an account for asking too many times? My CL is at 13.5 K . Maybe at certain limits they are more hesitant to give CLI.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.