cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Cards 48 hrs!!! APPROVED!!! (Update NOW 6!!!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 Cards 48 hrs!!! APPROVED!!! (Update NOW 6!!!)

Dear Friends,

Thank you for all of the advice! I've been lurking for awhile, now I'm posting. I'm a little astonished at what has just occured. I wanted to share my story for your benefit, amusement and education:

Chase Slate ($3200)-03-27-17

Amex Every Day ($1400)-03-28-17

Discover it ($10,500)-03-28-17

Citi Simplicity ($2000)-03-28-17

Amex Green Charge (?)-03-29-17

Current FICO 8 715?, CK: Vantage TU: 716, EQ: 745, Free FICO Discover last week 670. 

I just paid all of my low limit credit cards off, small balance on Cap One Plat. $60. 

Utilization: 2%

$54, 500 salary, 3 yrs. employer, Full Time.

Residence 3 yrs.

Credit file Oldest 10 yrs. Perfect payment history (no baddies) 

One Closed Paid Collection showing on EX/TU 2.6 yrs. old. (Bright House/Spectrum), which Credit Protection Assoc. (Dallas. TX) refuses to remove. I've reported them to the FTC and Consumer Protection Bureau, and am currently disputing as per my agreement with Bright House PFD. 

EX 3 HP's, before the spree, now at 7.

EX HP's Chase, Amex, Citi, Amex.

TU HP Chase

No one pulled EQ as far as I can see. So Chase pulled EX and TU here in Central FL. Don't know why they gave me the Royal Treatment?

Don't know who Disco pulled, it was EX last July, this time no, so far. Weird because they are my highsest CL.They also asked the Education question.

Applied for Amex Every Day yesterday, EX Hard Pull. 

Applied for Amex Green Charge today, EX Hard Pull. I was afraid to apply for both cards in one day because of what I've read about Fraud software and auto 5 day delay/hold/ decision 'Please Call Us' message. I don't mind the HP's as long as I got the results that I did.

All of the aforementioned cards were AUTO approvals (60 seconds or so) never got a delay message or call us message.

Needless to say I've gotten what I wanted and will now happily retreat to the garden.

I can't believe it's happened to me, especially with the Amex cards. Amex gave me the Green Card number right away with the text and 3 minute window to make note of the new number. 

I was afraid if I waited my score would drop from all of the inquiries and new CL's. 

Any feedback?

Were the planets aligned perfectly for this to happen for me?

NEVER treat credit cards like EXTRA money, it will ONLY mean trouble for you. 

Thanks again for all of the wonderful feedback and advice from all of you. I sit here in Orlando today, still reeling from my positive results today in building my credit.

Oh one final thing, I asked for and recieved a CLI from JC Penney and Walmart cards last week: Walmart: starting $500, now $1000. JC Penney, starting $300, then auto $100 increase, now $1000. 

Cap One refused to budge on my current $750 CL. 

I also have a Speedway Card (now closed program) starting, $1500, still showing (Open $1500)

Also Ally Car Loan, 2.1 years old balance $13, 288, never late.

Hopefully my Full Disclosure helps you make some smart descisions with your credit.

Funny note, Disco asked me my education level (bachelors degree). I guess its to see if you have the ability to make more money with a better job? That question was not on the other apps.

They all asked what my Rent payment was.

With each (submit now) I winced and thought Oh, no, is this the one that is gonna say NO card for you! But it didn't happen. I remain shocked!

Thanks again everyone and Be Well!

UPDATE: I just pulled the trigger (call me carzy) for BankAmericard Master Card, just now at 935pm today, and APPROVED!  $2500!! I am DONE, will not tempt fate, they pulled EX, now I'm up to 8 EX HP's!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Thanks again everyone! I've always wanted a BankAmericard!

Oh, I followed the wonderful advice here about the Chase 5/24 rule, so that was my first app. 

I used the prequalifiers for all of the cards too and that was another thing: Amex recommended the ED cash, and Blue ED and Blue EDP. They never recommended the Green Charge. Chase recommended SLATE, and others. Disco recommended it (Student) and I checked 'not a student'. Citi gave me 'we have no offers for you', so I got scared, did some research and went with Simplicity since I thought it would be easier. BoA (I'm a customer since 2009) Checking/Savings, recommended BankAmericard MC.Up until recent history, BofA has always recommended the Secured Card only for me. 

I was discussing hard and easy cards to get yesterday before I pulled the trigger at Amex, with the Amex rep, very nice lady, Jessica in Ft. Lauderdale, and unlike what I've mostly read here, her opinion was that an AMEX CHARGE CARD is HARDER to get than an Amex CREDIT CARD!? Any comments on this? I got both, two days apart with two HP's so I'm extremely happy!

Life Isn't About Waiting For The Storm To Pass, But About Learning How To Dance In The Rain!

20 REPLIES 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: 5 Cards 48 hrs!!! APPROVED!!!

Wow this is amazing Op congrats on your very awesome approvals you got some very great ccs, take care of them and it will take care of you !
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Aduke, I was worried about Citi. I hear they are sticklers for everything their way or the high way!? I think my utilization helped though. Doesn't get any better than 2%. I've read that people in the 800's use no more than 8% of their available credit, makes sense. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow 5 cards in 48 hours is impressive. Congrats!
Message 4 of 21
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes keeping UTi under 10 percent , 5 is even better will go a LONG WAY in a lenders eyes
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

NICE...Congrats!!

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I guess it SCREAMS responsibility! Living beyond your means is what they're looking for as far as risk assesment.

Message 7 of 21
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Very true
Message 8 of 21
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your multiple approvals!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

whoa thats awesome. Congrats!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.