Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 59
Registered: ‎05-06-2012
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.

*sigh.  maybe you are right.  there is no way to prove that i am telling the truth on the internet.  i started this post with all sincerity.   

American Express Blue | American Express PRG | Barclays Apple Financing Visa | Citi AAdvantage Visa Signature | Discover More | JP Morgan Palladium | Ameriprise World Elite Mastercard | Chase Sapphire Preferred

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,180
Registered: ‎05-17-2010
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.

Not another one of these again...

 

It's simple, if you don't like what the OP is posting or think they're telling a tall tale, just ignore the thread or the user.  Plus it'll save me some time trying to go through 50 posts where everybody pats the OP on the back, then the tide turns!  It's like a thriller novel!  Smiley Tongue    

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎02-01-2012
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.


visorboy1974 wrote:

Not another one of these again...

 

It's simple, if you don't like what the OP is posting or think they're telling a tall tale, just ignore the thread or the user.  Plus it'll save me some time trying to go through 50 posts where everybody pats the OP on the back, then the tide turns!  It's like a thriller novel!  Smiley Tongue    


If it's a "thriller novel" wouldn't you want them to continue Smiley Very Happy 

Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎07-17-2012
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.

The OP has not answered my question! How in the heck did you get the JP Morgan card? I have a better score (no badies) and earn a bit more. What I don't get with your story is that it seems like you have $$$ in your bank account and investment- so either you are one that goes bankrupt now and then to play the system (builders come to mind) moving money into friends accounts so creditors can't get them, moving $$ back when badies are done (many ways lawyers can help :-)) what I am saying here might not at all apply to you, but I don't get how you can have such bad credit (like you did) and have $$ in your investment accounts to qualify for the JP Morgan account, or get the high credit you did while running up 15 inq... Unless your savings and income made a significant play into this. I have now more than 30K credit on my SPG card after less than 9 months with Amex and 1 year in the US, no way I would had this if not for my income and savings...

Long story short- there is something you're not sharing, the lack of all facts makes us speculate.. So income/savings/why you got in the mess in the first place and how you gamed your way out of all these badies- because having that much money and bad credit score does not add up unless you are Tony Soprano ;-)
Valued Member
Posts: 59
Registered: ‎05-06-2012
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.

For the Palladium, I applied during the "open enrollement".  There was a period in which you could fax the application directly.  Underwriting was similar to any Chase card it seemed.  You can read about it on this forum.  That window is now closed according to other members of Myfico...

American Express Blue | American Express PRG | Barclays Apple Financing Visa | Citi AAdvantage Visa Signature | Discover More | JP Morgan Palladium | Ameriprise World Elite Mastercard | Chase Sapphire Preferred

Regular Contributor
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎01-04-2012
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.


JPmorgan wrote:

<a href="http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/user/jpmorgan2/media/photo-2_zps0b2c9d47.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s560/jpmorgan2/photo-2_zps0b2c9d47.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"/></a>

 

Why would people say I am not telling the truth?  What POSSIBLE reason would I have to tell a lie on the internet?  It's ok if you don't believe me, I could care less.  Anyways, I posted a pic to show you that I am not TannerK.  I read all about that big mess.  I want to stay with the myfico community to learn and share.  Not to flame on other peoples posts.  


I'm not sure why anyone would lie on the internet. There are millions of examples of people do it though. The reason why I called into question the original post is because it defies everything that is taught and has been proved as fact on myfico. Someone said for me to ignore it if I disagree but I'm not able to overlook the fact that no where else on this forum has anyone ever been giving this much credit in this short of a time except in instances where people were found to be not telling the truth. To rephrase that more clearly....The only time we have ever seen claims such as yours they were essentially proven to be lies. I am not accusing you of the same. I'm only stating that there are few reasons for someone to believe that its possible to be extended that much credit in 12 months. It just doesn't happen. If it happened for you then you have defied common underwriting practices from the companies you've claimed here. 

 

My only reason for bringing this up is for the fact that this forum has helped me greatly and the integrity of the information here is very important to me. This forum has been a beacon of good information on the internet which is a rarity in this day and age. I would like to keep it that way even if it means calling out things that "don't pass the smell test" as someone so appropriately stated before. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,968
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.

This started out as such a nice post...now folks have the claws out again.

 

He was obviously able to take care of the baddies. It's a lot of work, but it looks like he did it. Congratulations, bro!

Scores 8/18/2015: TU FICO: 651 | EQ FICO: 645| EX AMEX FICO: 630

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1750 | Target: $1100 | J.Crew $13,950
Valued Member
Posts: 59
Registered: ‎05-06-2012
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.

omskillet,

 

I appreciate your candid reply.  I can understand why you would think so.  At this point, it does not matter to me whether or not Myfico family believes my post.  Also, I was going to put my job title and employer, but given the response I received here, I was against it.  Just, I feel good about my credit journey.  I value the information here on Myfico, so I hope you understand that it was important to me to post the picture of all the credit cards I "claimed" to have.  That is the furthest I will go to support my original post.  But I truly appreicate your level headed response.

American Express Blue | American Express PRG | Barclays Apple Financing Visa | Citi AAdvantage Visa Signature | Discover More | JP Morgan Palladium | Ameriprise World Elite Mastercard | Chase Sapphire Preferred

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,180
Registered: ‎05-17-2010
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.


omskillet wrote:

I'm not sure why anyone would lie on the internet. There are millions of examples of people do it though. The reason why I called into question the original post is because it defies everything that is taught and has been proved as fact on myfico. Someone said for me to ignore it if I disagree but I'm not able to overlook the fact that no where else on this forum has anyone ever been giving this much credit in this short of a time except in instances where people were found to be not telling the truth. To rephrase that more clearly....The only time we have ever seen claims such as yours they were essentially proven to be lies. I am not accusing you of the same. I'm only stating that there are few reasons for someone to believe that its possible to be extended that much credit in 12 months. It just doesn't happen. If it happened for you then you have defied common underwriting practices from the companies you've claimed here. 

My only reason for bringing this up is for the fact that this forum has helped me greatly and the integrity of the information here is very important to me. This forum has been a beacon of good information on the internet which is a rarity in this day and age. I would like to keep it that way even if it means calling out things that "don't pass the smell test" as someone so appropriately stated before. 


 

I've seen people claim over $200K in new credit in a 3 month period just because they were able to dispute a BK as not theirs (and it's theirs).  I've also seen someone add over $150K in credit lines in the past year just by cleaning up their reports and securing a nicer job.  The secret to this person's success?  Recon recon recon!    There are many ways to have this kind of success...once you get past baddies, income plays a huge role in getting approved for credit.  Would you have an easier time believing someone with no PR on their report claiming $200K in new credit or one with a BK7 reporting and $130K+ in unsecured credit.  I have no doubt that both scenarios are "possible".       

 

 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎12-14-2011
0

Re: $500 in credit to $200,000 in one year! My personal credit story of 2012.


JPmorgan wrote:

omskillet,

 

I appreciate your candid reply.  I can understand why you would think so.  At this point, it does not matter to me whether or not Myfico family believes my post.  Also, I was going to put my job title and employer, but given the response I received here, I was against it.  Just, I feel good about my credit journey.  I value the information here on Myfico, so I hope you understand that it was important to me to post the picture of all the credit cards I "claimed" to have.  That is the furthest I will go to support my original post.  But I truly appreicate your level headed response.


As with any post everyone should take it with a grain of salt. Just because a situation differs significantly from the norm does not make it completely untrue or true for that matter. There may be more to the story, perhaps the op has additional assets that could allow him to access higher limits? I'm playing devil's advocate here and lets not personally attack one another.

 

Some people on myfico do have massive limits but it is masked because of npsl cards. A person could have few cards, but that npsl could mean HUGE spending power. It's not impossible

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.