Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A fishing expedition and I got a whale...PRG

tag
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

A fishing expedition and I got a whale...PRG

I wanted to start the new year off right with some padding to my AAoA so I set out to get the PRG (and the MR points).  I app'd on NYD but my report was frozen but I figured I had nothing to lose since if I got denied, it would result in a SP.  Well, after a day of checking my app status and it read "pending" I knew since it was a holiday so I didn't sweat it that much.  Okay, so on the 2nd I figured someone would have reviewed it but still "pending".  Now, I'm getting a bit anxious but since it wasn't a instant denial, my chances were good.

I called in and provided PIN...agent comes back and says "Congratulations again for becoming a member of American Express as you are APPROVED! Smiley Very Happy"  The agent went on to mention that the card would be expedited and asked what address would I like it delivered to.  I quickly stated that the address on file would do.  Address was confirmed and agent said I would get card in 2-3 days and after asking if there was anything else he could do, I said no and hung up.  Well, after the excitement of a new approval wore off I realized that they are expediting my card to my PO Box Smiley Frustrated

I guess I'll wait until Mon-Tues to get it.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: A fishing expedition and I got a whale...PRG

Congrats! At least your getting wherever it goes! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Great way to start new year! Congrats
Message 3 of 14
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats. 

Message 4 of 14
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!  Adding a 27yr old card is definitely good for AAoA Smiley Very Happy

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 5 of 14
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the PRG! 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 6 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 14
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

I wanted to start the new year off right with some padding to my AAoA so I set out to get the PRG (and the MR points).  I app'd on NYD but my report was frozen but I figured I had nothing to lose since if I got denied, it would result in a SP.  Well, after a day of checking my app status and it read "pending" I knew since it was a holiday so I didn't sweat it that much.  Okay, so on the 2nd I figured someone would have reviewed it but still "pending".  Now, I'm getting a bit anxious but since it wasn't a instant denial, my chances were good.

I called in and provided PIN...agent comes back and says "Congratulations again for becoming a member of American Express as you are APPROVED! Smiley Very Happy"  The agent went on to mention that the card would be expedited and asked what address would I like it delivered to.  I quickly stated that the address on file would do.  Address was confirmed and agent said I would get card in 2-3 days and after asking if there was anything else he could do, I said no and hung up.  Well, after the excitement of a new approval wore off I realized that they are expediting my card to my PO Box Smiley Frustrated

Congrats on the successful fishing expedition, OP!  Smiley Happy

Just became a new PRG cardholder as well - approved on 01/02 and received the card via UPS just yesterday.  (yay!)  Was not only excited to get it (so quickly) but impressed with its overall presentation - probably since it was my first time ever to receive a card so nicely packaged. :-)

Enjoy your new plastic! 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 8 of 14
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@FastForward wrote:

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

Congrats on the successful fishing expedition, OP!  Smiley Happy

Just became a new PRG cardholder as well - approved on 01/02 and received the card via UPS just yesterday.  (yay!)  Was not only excited to get it (so quickly) but impressed with its overall presentation - probably since it was my first time ever to receive a card so nicely packaged. :-)

Enjoy your new plastic! 

Thanks...now I'm anxious to receive it.  I tried to change delivery address yesterday but it was too late.

Message 9 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.