Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A mini spree - approvals are addictive!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A mini spree - approvals are addictive!

So it looks like we have to wait another year before we can get another mortgage (deed in lieu something like 5 years ago but BOA didn't transfer the deed until 1/12/2015). Since that's the case, I figured I'd grab a few things ha I've been wanting. First I went for that AMEX. I prequalified on ther website, but I kept getting a browser error when I applied, so I just cold app'd and got a 2k sl. I'm happy with that since I was stuck with their recovery optima product at $500 for like 4 years with no love. Now get this... I closed that optima card a few mo ago, but they backdated this new card back to 2012. I didn't think they did that anymore...

Anyway... then I though I'd go for the NFCU CLOC. Last time I was in the branch, the guy must have asked me 3 times if I wanted to apply. So I did online and asked for 15k. Why not. They can counter me if they don't want to give me the whole thing. Bam, 15k instant approval. I love the Navy.

So the absolute last thing I wanted was a Citi legacy card. I don't really have any interest in their non legacy stuff, so I applied there too. Denied. Oh well. Can't win them all, so I figured I'd go secured so I can get in with them. Applied for that and I'm waiting for the decision.

Question- do I need to put a lot of usage through that card? Can I just sock drawer it for the 18 mo until it graduates?
2 REPLIES 2
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: A mini spree - approvals are addictive!

@Anonymous wrote:
Now get this... I closed that optima card a few mo ago, but they backdated this new card back to 2012. I didn't think they did that anymore...

They still backdate your membership year, but on your credit report it will show as a brand new tradeline. 

UNLESS, the Optima program works differently. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 3
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: A mini spree - approvals are addictive!

But congrats on your success with Amex and Navy. That's a great starting limit with Navy. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.