Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

AARP Approved!

This is an app that has been in limbo for a while now. Logged into my online chase account and saw it finally show up way at the bottom of my page. They gave me a 4.5K limit which is telling me I'm pretty much at max exposure with chase now. This puts me at 400K avaliable credit now and it's time for a long break in the garden. The only other bank I want to get in with is navy right now but I might hold off. EX is around 770 with 12 inquiries for approval in case anyone was wondering for data points. Thanks to all the awesome people here, never did I think I would be anywhere close to where I am, especially at 22 years old.

Valued Contributor

Re: AARP Approved!

congrats! that was my first attempt at a Chase card and has always been boiling in the back of my mind since it was denied.

Definitely a good cashback card to have around. Also 400k you are setting the bar high! I'm 4.8k away from 200k available and thought that was already excessive Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Thanks wanderingbuilder! I have actually been denied once in the past for high Balances for this card at the time. I plan to make this my day to day spender on gas and food.

Senior Contributor

22 = 400k credit= OMG Smiley Wink. Thats just amazing. I wish you all the best and may the credit gods grant you the almighty Navy credit industrySmiley Happy

Congrats! Nice card to add.
Established Contributor

Thanks averagejoescredit and b335is!

Senior Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the Chase AARP family! Smiley Happy

Favorite Cards : ~ Citi Double Cash World Elite MasterCard ~
~ American Express Blue Cash Preferred ~ Chase Hyatt Visa Signature ~
~ Citi AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard ~ Citi Prestige ~ Alaska Airlines Visa Signature ~ Discover it Miles ~
Senior Contributor

thummel wrote:
This is an app that has been in limbo for a while now. Logged into my online chase account and saw it finally show up way at the bottom of my page. They gave me a 4.5K limit which is telling me I'm pretty much at max exposure with chase now. This puts me at 400K avaliable credit now and it's time for a long break in the garden. The only other bank I want to get in with is navy right now but I might hold off. EX is around 770 with 12 inquiries for approval in case anyone was wondering for data points. Thanks to all the awesome people here, never did I think I would be anywhere close to where I am, especially at 22 years old.

Congratulations! It's one of my favorite cards.

FICO8 EQ 782 TU 804 EX 787 FICO5 EQ 722 Total revolving 395000
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Do you have to join AARP to get this card? Do you have to be over 55? Thx
FICO 8 Scores as of Jan 2017: TU (763) EQ (748) EX (653) Favorite Cards/Daily Drivers: U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Sig, Discover It, and American Express Blue Cash Everyday
Established Contributor

You do not need to be over 55 to have the card. I'm not an AARP member and just applied directly on chases website. Thank you southjamaica and humuhumunukunukuapuaa!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.