Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMAZON/PENFED HUGE CC APPROVALS!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMAZON/PENFED HUGE CC APPROVALS!!

I have never thought in a million years that I'd be able to get out from under the lowsy credit line ceiling of $500. 

I recently removed a Collection and a GW letter removed 3 late payments, leaving me with perfect payment history. AoAA is 2.5/3 years.

On Friday I applied for Amazon Store Card (after reading through some the these messages on FICOFORUM) 

APPROVED $800 (Largest at that point)

Then.....

I applied for a PENFED VISA just for laughs and THEY APPROVED ME!!!

$17,000 CL through their rewards card!!!!

UNREAL....I'm biting my nails, staring at the mailbox, hoping I'm not dreaming.

My scores:

EQ667 TU645 (FAKOS) EX625

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMAZON/PENFED HUGE CC APPROVALS!!

Wow!! Congrats OP!!

That's a nice SL with PenFed...

Message 2 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Amazon, and your AWESOME PenFed approvals.

You might want to app for a PLOC with PenFed. 

Or, another card - CashRewards is nice because it is an easy 5% back on gas (you do have to open a money market acct. with $25 or so to get the 5%)

It'll be from the same HP as your original card was. They might tell you that they cant approve the second card because you are at your unsecured max. But, you can always move some of that CL to open another card - just a thought) 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fabulous! Congratulations on your successes!

Message 4 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Holy Batman !! That is an amazing approval , what was your highest limit bf these and can you add anymore data pts , such as how many accts , if they are new , inquiries?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!

Try calling Credit Solutions to get a CLI on the Amazon card.  I don't have the # in front of me but do a forum search and you'll find it.  It's very easy and the worst they can say is no.  It's an overseas call center and they''ll ask your income and how much you want.  Say something goofy like $15,000.00 and they'll put you on hold for a few mins.  Then they will either approve, counter wiht a lower amount, or say no.  Give it a shot, it takes like 5 minutes.  It's also a SP request.   My Amazon went from $1,200 to $6,000 and my Wal Mart went from $400 to $10,000, both with calls to Credit Solutions.  

Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!!

Try calling Credit Solutions to get a CLI on the Amazon card.  I don't have the # in front of me but do a forum search and you'll find it.  It's very easy and the worst they can say is no.  It's an overseas call center and they''ll ask your income and how much you want.  Say something goofy like $15,000.00 and they'll put you on hold for a few mins.  Then they will either approve, counter wiht a lower amount, or say no.  Give it a shot, it takes like 5 minutes.  It's also a SP request.   My Amazon went from $1,200 to $6,000 and my Wal Mart went from $400 to $10,000, both with calls to Credit Solutions.  

I concur ask for a high limit 12-17K is a good place.

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Make sure to use the $800 amazon to send something nice to PenfedSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank Everyone! 

I'll be keeping this updated weekly. I'll also look into a CLI with Amazon. Card from PenFed is not in yet, but I'm staring at the mailbox anxiously awaiting. 

My plan:

Going to transfer all of my balances to Pen Fed Card (interest free for 12 months) and pay off for next couple months to $0.

Save $5000 in the next 5 months 

Refinance my Auto loan in next 2 months (currently 19%)

Boost score to over 700

Pay of last Conns Credit Delinquency 

To be continued

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.